Hermès Exchange and Return Policy

Also, another "policy change." Can't inquire in-store items over the phone.

I spotted a Blue Thalassa Lindy in size 30 the other day, but I didn't get it on the day I saw it. Just 2 days later, I decided I wanted to get it, so I called in the store and asked for my SA because another SA picked up the call. The other SA said that my SA wasn't available to talk at the moment, so I asked him whether the Lindy was still available. He said they are not able to discuss about it on the phone. Taken aback, I hung up and went to the store (arrived ~30 minutes after the call). The Lindy had just been sold 20 minutes ago! :sad: I met my SA and told him the story about the call, and he said that it was a new policy they are not able to discuss about those kinds of things over the phone.

Really?? My husband called yesterday about an item we wanted to purchase and he spoke to i guess the manager cause our SA wasnt there and he was told they had it and he said he could put it on hold until our sa came back which isnt for several days...wierd, sounds like each store is a little different in how they can bend/stretch "the policy"..

Last edited:
When it's my regular SA she tells me what's in stock if I ask specific questions.

When my regular SA is out, I notice that I will only get a YES/NO answer if I ask this way: "I was thinking about coming down to the store today. But I was wondering if you have this or that."

However, if I just say, "I was wondering if you have this or that," then they say, "We can't discuss over the phone." :wacko:

I'm a little confused and maybe my fellow tpfers can clear something up. I bought and returned a non quota bag within 24 hours of purchase. I received a store credit. When I went to purchase another bag several months later I was told that I could not use my credit towards a birkin, kelly or constance. Is this true with all boutiques?

Where are you/the store located? Doesn't sound like an European policy to me. Legally you should be able to use a credit as you like, otherwise they should give you the money back.

Where are you/the store located? Doesn't sound like an European policy to me. Legally you should be able to use a credit as you like, otherwise they should give you the money back.
I am in the US. This is a franchise store. I'm so surprised as I wanted to use the credit to purchase a Constance and was told that credit could not be used for Constance, Birkin or Kelly.

Hm, I'm not familiar with US law, but it seems strange. It's a credit with the company, they owe you money, you should be able to credit it back as you like within reasonable time. It's as good as any payment method legally.