Hermes Discounting??

You mentioned you purchased "something" and saw there were other things discounted on the receipt. We all know that certain merchandise is discounted and marked as such..or bought at an H sale. Are you inquiring if leather goods are discounted? RTW? Silks? etc? might help to be more specific.

a friend worked there (Paris, 2016/17) and told me there are sales for them as employees but that’s about it.

I wondered since I know Chanel, Gucci, etc gives their employees allotment @ 50% off and asked because :P

That’s awesome. Do you mind sharing what and why? What was the facts vs myths?
Well I had first seen it with an item I happened to purchase second-hand, in which the seller was kind enough to include her sales receipt with the shipment. So it piqued my interest of whether this was a normal occurrence and/or if anyone had heard of it before.

Subsequently, a lot of people had responded either negatively or skeptically when I asked my original question here if Hermès discounted or not (i.e. the myth).

Then I had it done personally for me (i.e. the facts).

I have a really good relationship with my SA, and my SA was kind enough to work it out for me. I recently bought A LOT of items, so I'm sure that had some influence on the decision. :hugs: The SM had to approve it, but it IS definitely a "thing".

Well I had first seen it with an item I happened to purchase second-hand, in which the seller was kind enough to include her sales receipt with the shipment. So it piqued my interest of whether this was a normal occurrence and/or if anyone had heard of it before.

Subsequently, a lot of people had responded either negatively or skeptically when I asked my original question here if Hermès discounted or not (i.e. the myth).

Then I had it done personally for me (i.e. the facts).

I have a really good relationship with my SA, and my SA was kind enough to work it out for me. I recently bought A LOT of items, so I'm sure that had some influence on the decision. :hugs: The SM had to approve it, but it IS definitely a "thing".
I never knew and love these little known facts. The only discount (60% plus an additional 10% given by the SA) on a Hermes piece in store I have gotten was on a Hermes watch at Neiman Marcus. Then, I have gotten most of my repairs and after sales services waived (up to a few thousand euros) from having a very good relationship with the after sales associate and SM. If you do not mind sharing, what was the percentage of the discount (I would imagine it not being more than 10-20%)? Also, what category of products was the discount applied to? I wonder if the latter has an effect.

Reactions: Hermezzy
I’ll be curious too but I imagine it would be the sales they have for employees that were approved (by SM) for frenchnewbie?

When I visited my friend, at that time he worked there and was telling me a sale was going on. Select items. Employees only.

• Insightful
Reactions: Pivoine66
This has started a slippery slope. Now that FrenchNewbie has confirmed, from recent experience, that Hermes will give discounts, contrary to the opinion of many experienced and longstanding tpf members, a lot of new clients will be trying their luck.
I’ll be curious too but I imagine it would be the sales they have for employees that were approved (by SM) for frenchnewbie?

When I visited my friend, at that time he worked there and was telling me a sale was going on. Select items. Employees only.
Yeah, this is definitely something new clients shouldn't attempt; and I would not encourage people to even ask for/expect this. I was just stating my own experience.

Also this was NOT an employee sale situation, as those items are stamped with an 'S' and are sold without box and dust bag. None of my items are stamped and they all came with proper packaging.

Yeah, this is definitely something new clients shouldn't attempt; and I would not encourage people to even ask for/expect this. I was just stating my own experience.

Also this was NOT an employee sale situation, as those items are stamped with an 'S' and are sold without box and dust bag. None of my items are stamped and they all came with proper packaging.
All the items that are included in the "regular" sales are usually stamped S somewhere, or at least used to be, I haven't been to H sales in a few years.

It does make sense that they would do this for people who buy a lot of items, especially in certain categories (such as homeware). But I hope this doesn't lead to birkin and kelly hungry shoppers shoppers adding haggling to the existing games in the stores... :biggrin:.

• Insightful
Reactions: shrpthorn
Not quite what this thread intended, but I was told that the home furniture department can do a to the trade discount if you bring in and register your interior designer. I didn’t pursue this or ask the percentage or even ask if there was a minimum order as I do not have a specific piece or pieces in mind.

I have never been offered a discount at Hermes, and I doubt I ever will be offered one, but I have gratefully received friend of the house discounts for significant purchases from an couple of other premier luxury brands. In my very limited experience, the discount wasn’t something that a client could ask for or haggle. We were simply informed at point of payment that the SA was authorized by the brand to make this gesture. It’s also not something that we felt entitled to or necessarily expect going forward, so we simply said thank you.

Last edited:
From personal experience having worked with a very, very VIP client through a past job, they also received discounts at Hermes on their purchases. Their spend though was very high, surpassing $300k-500k USD per visit across categories (they shop in the UK and US). The husband was very keen on "getting a deal" and would leverage this during their shopping trips and the wife rocked every exotic QB imaginable lol