Hermes Constance or watch? Decisions decisions....

Jul 1, 2008
Good evening all!

My graduation is 2 months away and I am having to decide between a H Constance 24 in etain or a watch. If I would decide on a watch, if only get Rolex or Panerai. This is a very sentimental gift for me, as a commemoration for completing my graduate studies. A few years back, I got myself a kelly 40 in Mykonos as a gift for completing my undergrad. I don’t know what to do. Any suggestions/thoughts and input are welcomed!

Which do you really want the most?
You already have one Hermes bag and it seems unlikely that a lack of money will prevent you being able to get either a premium watch or another Hermes bag in the future.
So ask for whatever will give you the greatest pleasure now.
Don't be concerned with possible future sentimental attractions.
Both the watch and the Constance should last for decades.
It's not like choosing between something that will physically last and a memory like an exrtavagant holiday.

It Depends. If utility is important to you, then you might get more use out of a watch than a C24. I can’t think of scenarios where a C24 will become your everyday bag but a watch can be.
When you say sentimental value, do you like/plan to wear this occasionally during specisl events or outings?

I agree. A watch is something you will wear every day; a symbol of your accomplishment. A handbag, on the other hand, will probably get occasional or at least less consistent use, and won't have the longevity of a watch. You can always fill in with the handbag later, but to commemorate the occasion, I say go with the watch.

Reactions: papertiger
Good evening all!

My graduation is 2 months away and I am having to decide between a H Constance 24 in etain or a watch. If I would decide on a watch, if only get Rolex or Panerai. This is a very sentimental gift for me, as a commemoration for completing my graduate studies. A few years back, I got myself a kelly 40 in Mykonos as a gift for completing my undergrad. I don’t know what to do. Any suggestions/thoughts and input are welcomed!

Purchase the Panerai and have it engraved to mark your graduation. Frankly, it is a good value compared to Rolex. Even stainless Rolex watches are trading at above retail right now. The Panerai, in my opinion is a better watch.

Congratulations! Enjoy your selection is good health!

Purchase the Panerai and have it engraved to mark your graduation. Frankly, it is a good value compared to Rolex. Even stainless Rolex watches are trading at above retail right now. The Panerai, in my opinion is a better watch.

Congratulations! Enjoy your selection is good health!
Thanks! Which Panerai would you suggest?
I was considering PAM560, PAM1312 and PAM1392.

Thanks you all for your replies! Seems like Rolex is the way to go. I have a few within mind according to my budget and age. I was thinking the submariner or milgauss. BTW, this is my first watch. Thank you all soo much for your input.

Reactions: papertiger