Hermes Collier de Chien bracelet in silver

AnnaFreud

Dec 28, 2013
I'm thinking about adding the small CDC bracelet in silver to my daily stack which so far consists of my YG love and YG Tiffany T wire in medium. My wedding set is platinum so I feel like I need something in silver or WG to tie everything together. I've done a search for the silver CDC on tPF and on YouTube but it doesn't seem very popular. All I see are the leather ones being discussed, revealed, and reviewed. The all silver one is sooooo pretty! Does anyone have the small silver CDC??? What are your thoughts on it? Why isn't it more popular? ImageUploadedByPurseForum1444414011.416070.jpg

I think Cartier and Hermes has such a hold on the bracelet popularity contest right now..I'd go with it just for that factor. I think it's quite lovely and very unique looking!

Yes, I agree. So pretty and unique looking. Just like the love bracelet, the silver CDC is kinda understated and not overly feminine. Just wondering why it's not as popular as some of the other CDC bracelets especially those thick leather ones.

It's come up a lot in this thread and in individual threads too:

http://forum.purseblog.com/hermes-clubhouse/lovin-the-collier-de-chien-bracelets-791967.html

Don't buy it because of its popularity ... buy it because it works with what you have. I have the large CDC in sterling and really love it.

Thanks for the link! I think it will look perfect next to my love bracelet. Someone posted a picture of a WG love next to the silver CDC on the laying/stacking thread and I just gasped. Looked so good together.

Thanks for the link! I think it will look perfect next to my love bracelet. Someone posted a picture of a WG love next to the silver CDC on the laying/stacking thread and I just gasped. Looked so good together.

I agree - I think it has the perfect vibe to layer with a Love or other similar bangle type bracelets. If you can try it on in a store, maybe do that? It could be the best way to see if you want to take the plunge and get one.

Yes, I agree. So pretty and unique looking. Just like the love bracelet, the silver CDC is kinda understated and not overly feminine. Just wondering why it's not as popular as some of the other CDC bracelets especially those thick leather ones.

This bracelet is a much newer introduction and I believe that this style was initially released in gold. It is very expensive in gold.
Hermes devotes (myself included) have a longstanding love/appreciation for their leathers. Handbags, but also SLG's. This is a leather house. Hermes history is not for their jewelry, per se.
This, along with the classical history of the Collier de Chien (CdC) in both belts and bracelet have made the leather CdC popular through the years.
The silver CdC bracelet is very pretty and the fact that it isn't so popularized (or replicated) makes it even more desirable IMO.

I love it. It's classy and edgy all at once and looks very wearable. I didn't realize they made this in this smaller width and I think I prefer it to the original leather one. Please post pics if you get it, OP.

This bracelet is a much newer introduction and I believe that this style was initially released in gold. It is very expensive in gold.
Hermes devotes (myself included) have a longstanding love/appreciation for their leathers. Handbags, but also SLG's. This is a leather house. Hermes history is not for their jewelry, per se.
This, along with the classical history of the Collier de Chien (CdC) in both belts and bracelet have made the leather CdC popular through the years.
The silver CdC bracelet is very pretty and the fact that it isn't so popularized (or replicated) makes it even more desirable IMO.

Thank you for this! It explains a lot. As you can tell, I'm a total H n00b! I don't own anything from Hermes...yet. [emoji6]