**Hermes Chat**

Hey, Peeps! Just an early morning (for me, anyway) drive-by greeting. Things here with my parents are as expected, and I am handling them about as well as one can expect, and better than in previous years, so there ya go.
This is one of those times when the amount of worry in my life seems actually too big to manage. It's not, of course, and many, many people endure much more every day, but I'm struggling a bit.
So, keep them vibes a-coming, and know that I am sending love and gratitude back to all of you as we navigate these interesting times in which we live.
:heart:
Mindi B, remember you are doing amazingly well! All positive vibes going your way!

Reactions: BBC and Mindi B
My last full day here. I checked into Chat to find all of this kindness coming my way. I'd been sitting here feeling guilty that I can't stay forever to help my parents and reviewing every interaction of the past 6 days to critique my handling of it ("I should have been more patient here, firmer there; should have said this and not that; should have done that one thing and not that other thing"). You all made me cry, but in a good way.
Thank you. :heart:

So agree with everyone here, Mindi- you've always been a real inspiration and joy to me here over the years. You are appreciated...and loved.
Hermezzy- First of all, yes to all you said to Mindi!
The list of all the H stores you have visited is impressive and I'm curious if you have a favorite, or two, or??? I can only imagine the fabulous "souvenirs" you have brought home from them and the joyful memories attached to each when you use them.

Reactions: Hermezzy
Hermezzy- First of all, yes to all you said to Mindi!
The list of all the H stores you have visited is impressive and I'm curious if you have a favorite, or two, or??? I can only imagine the fabulous "souvenirs" you have brought home from them and the joyful memories attached to each when you use them.

Hi there dear- thank you for your kind words. Visiting H stores has almost become sort of an obsession for me. If I'm in an area that has one I do everything I can to visit. There are some important ones I've not been to that I would love to visit someday (Miami, Houston, Ginza).

It is cliched, but my favorite one of all is the Faubourg St. Honore flagship. To me, it really isn't a boutique- it is more like a small department store, full of surprises, beautiful decorative elements, and twists and turns. Another favorite is the Denver store- though a smaller store in square footage, the people who work there are such a delight (it is my "home" H store, even though I don't live in Denver), so kind, so friendly, that it makes the experience there always positive. The H boutique in the Cuffs store in Chagrin Falls, OH, is utterly charming, as the store is a historic mansion/house that has been turned into a retail environment that sells everything from fashion to wine and cigars. It is a special and unique. Highland Park in Dallas is another interesting boutique, from a design perspective, that I find appealing.

Notably, I have found some larger stores less than what one might expect, purely from a design perspective. Beverly Hills and the Madison Ave. flagship in NYC are two stores that I find impressive, but not necessarily beautiful. I felt the BevHills store, pre-renovation, was more "beautiful" than it is now- warmer, and full of character. Madison Ave. I find to be a bit cold as well. The service I've received in both those stores has been good, but (call me a traditionalist in this one context) they lack certain heritage elements that I associate with Hermes.

Of course, decor is a very subjective concept. I still enjoy visiting any H store that I can. When I think of an H boutique interior, however, I desire a magical environment that augments, enhances, and reflects the singular beauty of the merchandise (not just serves to display said merchandise). In this regard I think of Leila Menchari's gorgeous displays at the FSH store. Hermes is the apex predator of the retail environment. When I enter a boutique I want to sense the codes, history, legacy, and values of the company.

There are some retail environments that do this very well. Many Ralph Lauren boutiques do this. I find Dior boutiques, esp. the ones on the Avenue Montaigne in Paris, to be stunningly gorgeous. Though very different in focus, Saint Laurent boutiques are very effective in their purpose (Hedi Slimane was a big influence in this regard). Goyard boutiques also do this well.

This is probably more information than what was requested, but retail environments are somewhat of an escape/museum substitute for me. I suppose we are all looking for modern-day elements of environmental fantasy. I would unequivocably count myself as part of that crowd and love retail spaces that feed that creative need.