Hermes Cafe Bon Temps~Good Times Cafe

Thank you, ladies. The dress is one I've had for about a decade and I pull it out for spring/summer weddings, if appropriate. In fact my friend who got married is the one who picked it out for me, so I thought that was an appropriate touch. (So glad it still fit).

I enjoyed getting dressed up, making an entrance, catching up with people I hadn't seen for ages, and left when my introversion kicked in. It was one of the easiest weddings I've attended because it was so informal - just a party, really.

Aww Genie, I never pictured you as an introvert. I'm glad you had a good time. I am sure your beautiful outfit gave you greater confidence.

That's exactly what we did for our wedding. Both DH and I had been married before. Our parents were elderly and couldn't travel. So we had a small family only ceremony in Florida and then a cocktail party for friends back in Boston. I was actually able to enjoy it and spend time with the people that I love rather than worrying about the traditional details. Plus I don't really like being on display so the traditional bride role wasn't something that I wanted to do.

Just stopping by to say hi! Have been traveling for more than month- and arrived home on Sat to find water all over kitchen floor(dishwasher), broken patio umbrella(high wind), and a heat wave...
At any rate, we just had a new dishwasher installed yesterday. Who would have thought that dishwasher technology would have changed so much. Still trying to figure out how to load it
(it has the 3rd silverware rack. But it sure is quiet, and it claims to use very little water( good for California).. still need to buy a new patio umbrella.
Ended up buying more H scarves than intended, so definitely on ban island now, LOL!

Reactions: momasaurus
Just stopping by to say hi! Have been traveling for more than month- and arrived home on Sat to find water all over kitchen floor(dishwasher), broken patio umbrella(high wind), and a heat wave...
At any rate, we just had a new dishwasher installed yesterday. Who would have thought that dishwasher technology would have changed so much. Still trying to figure out how to load it
(it has the 3rd silverware rack. But it sure is quiet, and it claims to use very little water( good for California).. still need to buy a new patio umbrella.
Ended up buying more H scarves than intended, so definitely on ban island now, LOL!

Welcome home! So sorry fir the bad surprises.

Reactions: scarf1

I had a patio umbrella take off in a storm and land in the evergreen hedge between my property and next door. An amazing sight. Sorry you had such a tough welcome home.

I'm sorry to hear about your dishwasher and patio umbrella! I hope that some residual relaxation from the vacation helped to carry you through the unpleasant surprises!

Broken water pipes are always a fear of mine. I always turn off the hot and cold behind the washing machine after I use it. My SIL came home from Hawaii one year and discovered hers had leaked down from the main floor into the basement and directly on to the pool table.

Can't wait to see your new additions!
Last year (oops it was 2 years ago) my patio umbrella broke in a high wind and I still haven't replaced it. Discovered new places to lounge on the patio instead, LOL. Sorry about the dishwasher. That also happened to me 2 years ago, but it was mice who had gnawed through the hose thing. You are brave to go away for a whole month!

So sorry. That's hard to arrive home and find such a mess.

Ppup, Love your garden!!! For the shoes, it probably has something to do with the angle to take a selfie. Dry skin also tends to make it worse. I am size 4.5, so for most shoes, especially pumps, I do not even get a chance to wear unless special order. Boots or some shoes with straps can actually stay on. Let us know how you feel after wearing them for some time.

Madam! what a tease! what is the new pink color for 2017? is this a SO? Do tell!! :smile:

Genie, a hot lady you are!!

Scarf! welcome back! It is the third time I heard dishwasher caused leaking and flooding in the kitchen just in 2017! A dishwasher made in 1990 may last two decades but the fancy ones made today probably can be broken by an one year old in no time. We have a GE monogram with lots of little round buttons for functions control. If anyone(happens to be the toddlers) by chance pressed two buttons at the same time, the dishwasher then refuses to run. Next thing I know, DH has to disassemble that machine and resets the electronic system on the control panel. He does it so often that the time to complete the task improved from one hour to current 5 minutes or so. If not for the "matching" mindset of DH for all appliances in the kitchen, I would have trashed that thing two years ago!

Tomorrow I am going to see Wonder Woman with half a dozen girls!! I heard it was a well made movie. Prior to that movie we are going to a ramen place. I am not that into ramen frankly but I will go with the flow. Hope the movie is good enough that I dont fall into sleep in the lazy boy theatre chairs. :smile:

Have a great weekend everyone!!!