Hermes boutiques in London

My DH was very pleased with the service he recieved at the Harrods branch last autumn. Even though they did not have anything on my list he was treated very nicely and when the SA did not know about some of the items he/she went to get the manager. My DH is not familiar with all the items but since I am very particular with what I want I had written a precise list.

I know there are lots of tourists now going to London because it is cheaper than their home stores. However, for us to buy H in the UK is actually more expensive than in our local store so I only wrote down some items in colours that are more difficult to buy here because our store is so small.

I would be visiting London/Manchester and Paris in June. Would love to bag a Lindy & Jige from this trip. How easy/difficult to find these bags in London/Manchester? Any recommended stores to visit & timing? Thanks

I would be visiting London/Manchester and Paris in June. Would love to bag a Lindy & Jige from this trip. How easy/difficult to find these bags in London/Manchester? Any recommended stores to visit & timing? Thanks

In London lindy is not very difficult to get, it's just a matter of you being there at the right time , lindys /Roulis are sold within minutes when they are put on the shelves , specially in harrods and selfridges,
There were a couple of jige in croc available at NBS on my last visit

Was looking for B/Kclemence picotin/ Berliner bag. In London, Stopped at 2 of the Hermes boutiques (including the newly opened boutique) and 2 department stores with Hermes.. stopped at 1 H boutique in Barcelona. London stores had Evelyn, Garden Party... colored limited. Hope you have better luck than me

I was at the NBS H today and met a super friendly leather dept SA. I went there not to buy new bags but I was dropping off my B for spa and also wanted a quote on the replacement clochette for my Bolide which I lost. My SA was very friendly and provided excellent after sales service. We chatted alot about H leather and she took the time to show me the leather swatch to ensure the replacement clochette would match the Bolide as I could not remember if it was rouge H or rouge garance and I was not sure if the artisan at the back got it right when she took it to her at first.

So NBS is not a bad location for customer service, in fact I have never had bad service there and have always been greeted by everyone even on other days when I went there not wearing my H bags or scarves, so pls don't generalize every SA at NBS.

I do have some interesting observations today from my brief visit which turned out to be almost an hour stay.

From my own experience today, the store is indeed full of tourists. Time was between 3 and 4pm, so not rush hour. A couple of girls cut in front of me when I first arrived upstairs waiting for an SA to finish with his customer, though they knew I was already waiting for service. The security guard saw that and went up to me to apologise and told me he would find someone to serve me immediately from the back. While I was still waiting, the two girls asked for birkins straight away. and got refused, and then they demanded to buy the two Constance (which has been marked as "display only") on the shelf.

Later on, when my SA returned from from the artisan with my bags confirmed for after sale service, 2 other tourist ladies showed up, interrupted my SA while I was already being seen by her, asking to see the Lindy 30. Later, as my SA was filling out the after sales form they questioned another SA why the bags are for "display only" and how bad customer service it can be that bags are for display only and not for sale.

After spending almost an hour at NBS leather dept I have seen a range of behaviors from various customers , most made enquirers at the leather counter to buy bags and when told none was available, they then left without browsing other sections of the store.

So, I think I have finally got the answer why H bags are marked "display only" nowadays in London. As we know there is scarcity for H bags in London, more tourists due to the low £ and even higher demands due to resellers trying to make profits out of the exchange rates + VAT refunds. Without directly referring to the incidents today, I chatted to my SA today about why shelves are usually empty these days and in general London has a shortage of bags when compared to other H stores in the world. She agreed but said however they would prioritise bags for us as locals, which I do think is absolutely fair.

Note: At NBS today the shelves are actually relatively full (though "display only"): 2 bolides (Gold and Trench) 4 Lindys (gold, malacite, blue, and dove grey), 2 constance, 2 Garden party.

I was at the NBS H today and met a super friendly leather dept SA. I went there not to buy new bags but I was dropping off my B for spa and also wanted a quote on the replacement clochette for my Bolide which I lost. My SA was very friendly and provided excellent after sales service. We chatted alot about H leather and she took the time to show me the leather swatch to ensure the replacement clochette would match the Bolide as I could not remember if it was rouge H or rouge garance and I was not sure if the artisan at the back got it right when she took it to her at first.

So NBS is not a bad location for customer service, in fact I have never had bad service there and have always been greeted by everyone even on other days when I went there not wearing my H bags or scarves, so pls don't generalize every SA at NBS.

I do have some interesting observations today from my brief visit which turned out to be almost an hour stay.

From my own experience today, the store is indeed full of tourists. Time was between 3 and 4pm, so not rush hour. A couple of girls cut in front of me when I first arrived upstairs waiting for an SA to finish with his customer, though they knew I was already waiting for service. The security guard saw that and went up to me to apologise and told me he would find someone to serve me immediately from the back. While I was still waiting, the two girls asked for birkins straight away. and got refused, and then they demanded to buy the two Constance (which has been marked as "display only") on the shelf.

Later on, when my SA returned from from the artisan with my bags confirmed for after sale service, 2 other tourist ladies showed up, interrupted my SA while I was already being seen by her, asking to see the Lindy 30. Later, as my SA was filling out the after sales form they questioned another SA why the bags are for "display only" and how bad customer service it can be that bags are for display only and not for sale.

After spending almost an hour at NBS leather dept I have seen a range of behaviors from various customers , most made enquirers at the leather counter to buy bags and when told none was available, they then left without browsing other sections of the store.

So, I think I have finally got the answer why H bags are marked "display only" nowadays in London. As we know there is scarcity for H bags in London, more tourists due to the low £ and even higher demands due to resellers trying to make profits out of the exchange rates + VAT refunds. Without directly referring to the incidents today, I chatted to my SA today about why shelves are usually empty these days and in general London has a shortage of bags when compared to other H stores in the world. She agreed but said however they would prioritise bags for us as locals, which I do think is absolutely fair.

Note: At NBS today the shelves are actually relatively full (though "display only"): 2 bolides (Gold and Trench) 4 Lindys (gold, malacite, blue agate, and dove grey), 2 constance, 2 Garden party.
forgot to mention, i was offered drinks (choice of bubbles/water) while waiting :smile:

I was at the NBS H today and met a super friendly leather dept SA.

Never had a bad experience at NBS. I've also found that shopping there on Sundays is a much nicer experience. Maybe the tourists do not realise the store is actually open on that day.
Did your SA have curly hair, held back with one of their scarves, by any chance?

Note: At NBS today the shelves are actually relatively full (though "display only"): 2 bolides (Gold and Trench) 4 Lindys (gold, malacite, blue, and dove grey), 2 constance, 2 Garden party.
Thank you so much for sharing. Seems being demanding really gets you no where in the H world.

I feel I have to be extra polite when I travel as I am from the same ethnic group as of some of the notoriously rude tourists. I don't want to get put in the same category as the bad apples.

I just came back from London and no single bag for sell all were on display. All sales said they only had shipment once per week.

I just came back from London and no single bag for sell all were on display. All sales said they only had shipment once per week.

Though London has never been the easiest of places for tourists to obtain a bag, it does seem even more difficult lately as more and more tourists are vying for a coveted bag due to the exchange rate. Overall, it is easier if you are a local or a very regular customer. I am sorry you didn't find your dream bag, but I hope it finds its way to you soon!

Reactions: periogirl28