Do Hermes Avalon Blankets/Pillows “pill”?

Hi,

I'm considering purchasing the blanket and a couple of pillows. However, I've heard that they pill very easily...even when they just sit there as decorative pieces. Do you have these pieces and what are your experiences with them?

It’s a beautiful blanket, so comfy and warm. However, I left one of my Avalon blankets in my formal living room as a decorative piece. After a few months I decided to unfold it to air it out. To my surprise, a tiny moth/moth-like insect made its way into its folds and ate the wool. So, right now that blanket has streaks, holes, and patches of bald wool. If you’re going to use it as a decorative piece, I suggest you open it and use it once in a while because it is a blanket made for use. It’s Made of good quality, just don’t let any insect near it!

4AC90E57-2A88-4805-A5E8-AA91B032714B.jpeg

It’s a beautiful blanket, so comfy and warm. However, I left one of my Avalon blankets in my formal living room as a decorative piece. After a few months I decided to unfold it to air it out. To my surprise, a tiny moth/moth-like insect made its way into its folds and ate the wool. So, right now that blanket has streaks, holes, and patches of bald wool. If you’re going to use it as a decorative piece, I suggest you open it and use it once in a while because it is a blanket made for use. It’s Made of good quality, just don’t let any insect near it!

View attachment 4798196
Sorry to see that and thanks for sharing. I was just about to get the blanket but won’t anymore. I know for sure there are a few moths in my house as it’s an older original house.

Reactions: hermesgeek

Oh no! So sorry, but I hope you can still enjoy it for decorative purposes.

I just bought one this week, but will be using it daily. I wake up pre-dawn and our apartment is quite chilly so I curl up in a blanket with coffee every morning.

But we do have a ton of moths. So far, they only go for my FAVORITE clothes. :sad: It’s the reason I refuse to buy RTW anymore.

Will definitely give this blanket a good shake every morning. Thx for showing.

Reactions: hermesgeek
I have an Avalon on my bed and one downstairs in the living room, along with some matching pillows. We use them every day (very cozy and warm)! We have dogs, who also love to enjoy them. So far they have held up very well...The one on the bed upstairs did have some pills on it I just removed with one of those electric de-pillers. Good as new!

Reactions: AdidaB