Do Hermes Avalon Blankets/Pillows “pill”?

lucydoe

O.G.
Sep 17, 2008
Hi,

I just bought an Avalon Blanket in wool. Do you guys know if this blanket pills after use?
Also, after draping it on my white couch, I've noticed a lot of lint off the blanket. Have you guys ever have similar experience?

Thanks!

Hi, I have two Avalon blankets and two of the pillows- I've had them all for about a year and a half and they've worn very very well. We use them a lot (especially my kids)- no pilling or lint that I notice. I love them! Very cosy and soft.

Silly question : how often do you dryclean the avalon blankets .. Scared if i have them done everymonth its gonna ruin it .

There is no need to dry clean them every month, any type of wool should not be washed too often. They are naturally repellant to dirt and any dirt can usually be wiped off or rinsed out with a little bit of luke warm water. Just air them out every now and then :smile:

Hi,

I'm considering purchasing the blanket and a couple of pillows. However, I've heard that they pill very easily...even when they just sit there as decorative pieces. Do you have these pieces and what are your experiences with them?