Do Hermes Avalon Blankets/Pillows “pill”?

The pillows do pill more than the blanket.

I spray mine with mothproofer from The Laundress.
Thank you for this tip!! I have been wanting a gray blanket so badly but although I don't see any moths in the house, they have ruined plenty of cashmere sweaters in the past. I now have a cedar closet and carefully store everything wool. I resigned myself to not being able to have this but you have renewed my hope!
How frequently do you spray yours?

Edited to say just ordered the spray!

Last edited:
Reactions: lulilu
I have had my blankets for about 5 years with no pilling. However, we are rough on our blankets because we have a lot of pre-teen and teenage movie nights at our house, sleepovers and 2 bulldogs and a visiting pit bull. Our cleaning lady washed and dried one our blankets and it shrank substantially. One of the blankets has a hole the size of a nickel and my SA at Rodeo drive said to bring it in to be repaired. Apparently, for small holes, they can reweave and repair.

• Wow
Reactions: bisousx
It’s a beautiful blanket, so comfy and warm. However, I left one of my Avalon blankets in my formal living room as a decorative piece. After a few months I decided to unfold it to air it out. To my surprise, a tiny moth/moth-like insect made its way into its folds and ate the wool. So, right now that blanket has streaks, holes, and patches of bald wool. If you’re going to use it as a decorative piece, I suggest you open it and use it once in a while because it is a blanket made for use. It’s Made of good quality, just don’t let any insect near it!

View attachment 4798196
Check with your home store to see if they can have this repaired. The store on Rodeo Dr. in Los Angeles is taking mine in for repair.

Reactions: hermesgeek