Hermes Apple watch

You don’t have big wrists, the double tour bands are painfully short! Personally I don’t wear them but they do loosen up. I would return the unopened one, get a single so you can wear the watch. You can use leather stretch on the band and see if they can punch an extra hole. They do soften quite a bit.
I will return the unworn one - I hate to - but there is no sense in keeping it. I might wait until spring to order another one, the available selection is so small right now - just about everything is either sold out or unavailable…
Unless I want brown - and I really don't want brown.

Hi - I was super excited to get my Hermes Apple watch - 38mm with a black barenia double tour band - and DH also purchased an extra double tour band in burgundy to go with it! Woot!
However - and :crybaby:- the leather band is so tight.
I can't return the black band that came with the watch because I've already worn it (and I kinda think it might be stretching a tad), but I'm wondering if there is anything (perhaps forbidden) I can do to stretch it a little more and quicker…
Like - could I put some lotion on the back (just had a Silence of the Lambs moment - "It puts the lotion on it's skin") or could I soak it a bit in water and then wear it?
I'm thinking I might return the burgundy one and get the longer band in Fauve - the only color Apple has available - but I'd love to keep it, especially if this lovely group can help me with ideas on how to make the band just a bit longer.
I didn't think I had big wrists - and neither did DH - but there you go! :whut:

I tried the double tour band for my watch, and was very disappointed to find out how short it is. I returned the strap, since I never wore it, so now am making do with the silicone strap until I find the Hermes one that fits more comfortably. There’s no way to make the Hermes strap longer. I don’t know why they made it so short. They have an extra long one, but they’re rare. I heard (I think on this thread) they will make the future double tours in a longer length as the standard size.

I tried the double tour band for my watch, and was very disappointed to find out how short it is. I returned the strap, since I never wore it, so now am making do with the silicone strap until I find the Hermes one that fits more comfortably. There’s no way to make the Hermes strap longer. I don’t know why they made it so short. They have an extra long one, but they’re rare. I heard (I think on this thread) they will make the future double tours in a longer length as the standard size.
I feel so much better knowing I'm not alone!
Both Mr Cookie and I were fretting about it last night:
Me - I think I'm going to have to return it.
DH - I was SHOCKED that it was too small! You have tiny wrists, you're tall but small-boned. The pictures all showed it so loose; I was worried it would fall off your wrist…
Me - I guess they're bigger than we thought. :sad:

So thank you for chiming in - it's not just me!
I'll be wearing the silicone one as well, but I'm going to try some lotion/leather conditioner on the back and wearing it (the black one, burgundy beauty is going back) to see if it helps. I already let Mr Cookie know that I would be checking the Hermes site for a longer double tour - or something really cute in a longer length!

Reactions: Hermes Nuttynut
I feel so much better knowing I'm not alone!
Both Mr Cookie and I were fretting about it last night:
Me - I think I'm going to have to return it.
DH - I was SHOCKED that it was too small! You have tiny wrists, you're tall but small-boned. The pictures all showed it so loose; I was worried it would fall off your wrist…
Me - I guess they're bigger than we thought. :sad:

So thank you for chiming in - it's not just me!
I'll be wearing the silicone one as well, but I'm going to try some lotion/leather conditioner on the back and wearing it (the black one, burgundy beauty is going back) to see if it helps. I already let Mr Cookie know that I would be checking the Hermes site for a longer double tour - or something really cute in a longer length!
Sorry this must be so frustrating! I had similar experience with series 0/1 double tour. I love it so much but I just couldn’t wear it comfortably. I prefer wearing single tour & the sport straps more since.
Perhaps see if u could sell your worn strap (rather than applying lotion) and get a single & a longer double tours?

My wrist is 150mm in circumference.

I asked a Hermès store to punch an additional hole on the 42mm band and it fits perfectly. I also use the smallest hole in the original band when I wan to wear it looser.

The smallest hole in the orange sports band also fit just right.
Thanks!
This is super helpful.

A few more Qs:
1) with the extra hole, do you find that the strap overlaps a lot?? I received the new medor back (such a nice gift!) but worry a bit about the spikes getting covered with extra band!

2) I have read that the leather stretches a bit (not what I want!). Did you find that with your single tours??

Thank you!!

Sorry this must be so frustrating! I had similar experience with series 0/1 double tour. I love it so much but I just couldn’t wear it comfortably. I prefer wearing single tour & the sport straps more since.
Perhaps see if u could sell your worn strap (rather than applying lotion) and get a single & a longer double tours?
!
I don't know why I didn't think of selling it! Thanks for the idea!
(have the orange sport band on now and getting ready to list the leather one!)

Hi - I was super excited to get my Hermes Apple watch - 38mm with a black barenia double tour band - and DH also purchased an extra double tour band in burgundy to go with it! Woot!
However - and :crybaby:- the leather band is so tight.
I can't return the black band that came with the watch because I've already worn it (and I kinda think it might be stretching a tad), but I'm wondering if there is anything (perhaps forbidden) I can do to stretch it a little more and quicker…
Like - could I put some lotion on the back (just had a Silence of the Lambs moment - "It puts the lotion on it's skin") or could I soak it a bit in water and then wear it?
I'm thinking I might return the burgundy one and get the longer band in Fauve - the only color Apple has available - but I'd love to keep it, especially if this lovely group can help me with ideas on how to make the band just a bit longer.
I didn't think I had big wrists - and neither did DH - but there you go! :whut:

i have normal size wrists (Standard H size in bracelet): and have the barenia Double tour apple 2 watch. Yes, the strap does stretch out a bit after wearing it over a week or two, though i use the silicon strap for exercise. Be sure you are wrapping it so it overlaps the bare minimum. It does take a few weeks, but if it is incomrtable on you, reselling is your best option while the leather is in pristine condition. I do love my barenia strap and it has becone more comfortable for me with time!

Reactions: Cookiefiend
Thanks!
This is super helpful.

A few more Qs:
1) with the extra hole, do you find that the strap overlaps a lot?? I received the new medor back (such a nice gift!) but worry a bit about the spikes getting covered with extra band!

2) I have read that the leather stretches a bit (not what I want!). Did you find that with your single tours??

Thank you!!

No it doesn’t overlap a lot. But I don’t have the medor band so can’t say for sure if it won’t cover the spike. But you can try and tighten it past the original hole and see if the spikes are affected.

Yes it stretches a little bit but not that much. I’ve worn it for a while and the original hole now doesn’t seem too loose. But the newly punched hole still fits perfectly.

i have normal size wrists (Standard H size in bracelet): and have the barenia Double tour apple 2 watch. Yes, the strap does stretch out a bit after wearing it over a week or two, though i use the silicon strap for exercise. Be sure you are wrapping it so it overlaps the bare minimum. It does take a few weeks, but if it is incomrtable on you, reselling is your best option while the leather is in pristine condition. I do love my barenia strap and it has becone more comfortable for me with time!
Thank you lanit!
I'm wearing it today (I know I said I was going to list it yesterday), I want to keep it more than I want to sell it! Wish me luck! :smile:

Reactions: lanit
Yes - you can see the mark on my wrist where it presses in. It’s not uncomfortable, but it needs to be looser.
View attachment 3918793
Hi dear, is this barenia or calfskin? Barenia is softer so it seems to stretch and give more. Sorry if i misundrstood. I reviewed your post again and see it is indeed barenia. I hope it will stretch out for you with time...!

Here is another post that shows the black barenia double tour. Perhaps you could pm the member @ meridian and ask re: size of wrist and stretching/wear in time too? My wrist fits 6.5-6.75” circumference if that helps. 8 do wear it on the first hole, and sometimes feel it if my wrist swells.

https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/hermes-apple-watch.920841/page-67

Last edited:
Reactions: Cookiefiend
Hi dear, is this barenia or calfskin? Barenia is softer so it seems to stretch and give more. Sorry if i misundrstood. I reviewed your post again and see it is indeed barenia. I hope it will stretch out for you with time...!

Here is another post that shows the black barenia double tour. Perhaps you could pm the member @ meridian and ask re: size of wrist and stretching/wear in time too? My wrist fits 6.5-6.75” circumference if that helps. 8 do wear it on the first hole, and sometimes feel it if my wrist swells.

https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/hermes-apple-watch.920841/page-67
I will pm meridian - thanks for the idea!
It sounds as though our wrist are the same size, my worry is that if it's tight now - how will it feel in the summer/warm weather? So - I've got it on the second to last hole right now (the first is more comfortable tho :biggrin:) and it's not too bad. I think if I keep trying it will stretch a bit more.
Thanks for all your help!

Reactions: lanit
Thanks!
This is super helpful.

A few more Qs:

Thank you!!

My single bands have loosened up a bit! I wear them on the tightest hole and it still wiggles around a bit. Not to the point where it’s annoyingly loose but probably could be a tad tighter. My double tours work fine on the 4th tightest hole.