Henri Bendel Bags Anyone?

View attachment 3784836 I am really really disappointed. I just received my first Bendel bag and it has stains all over the strap and the strap is not the same leather as the bag like depicted in the picture. The bag also reeks of a musty/perfume smell. I have emailed CS hoping they will respond. I bought it on final sale so hoping they will allow me to at least return it.

They will allow returns on damage even though Final Sale. Unfortunately, I know first-hand; and so does a friend. Their quality control seems to be lacking.

Yeah it does resemble the LV case, its cute though! I wish I could do those tassels that hang from the phone, but my hair is long... I'd be afraid it would get caught everytime I put it up to my ear
Yes, I felt that the tassel was a little unnecessary, but I think it looks removable! But the attachment is still there…
I agree about the resemblance with more expensive designers. I think it's nice that HB offers alternatives. I think HB has really practical, useful bags and I think part of that practicality is making alternatives that more women can afford! But I also agree that it's important they maintain their originality. I've been using my Jetsetter backpack all through my vacation, and the unique/useful nature of the Jetsetter is what made me a fan of HB and kept me all these years :smile:

Reactions: APhiJill
Yes, I felt that the tassel was a little unnecessary, but I think it looks removable! But the attachment is still there…
I agree about the resemblance with more expensive designers. I think it's nice that HB offers alternatives. I think HB has really practical, useful bags and I think part of that practicality is making alternatives that more women can afford! But I also agree that it's important they maintain their originality. I've been using my Jetsetter backpack all through my vacation, and the unique/useful nature of the Jetsetter is what made me a fan of HB and kept me all these years :smile:

Can't beat the Jetsetter for lightweight, practical and stylish!

Reactions: bellebellebelle19
Hi guys! I just got my influencer tote with the strap and am unsure about it. I love the color but and am a little worried about the bag wearing fast. As you can see by the pics it's extremely floppy and the sides buckle from the weight of the strap. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks so much :smile:

Attachments

• IMG_0294.JPG
    IMG_0294.JPG
    148.7 KB · Views: 392
  • IMG_0296.JPG
    IMG_0296.JPG
    125.7 KB · Views: 401
  • IMG_0298.JPG
    IMG_0298.JPG
    118.9 KB · Views: 401
They will allow returns on damage even though Final Sale. Unfortunately, I know first-hand; and so does a friend. Their quality control seems to be lacking.
Ok so I finally talked to their CS and they let me return the bag, at first they offered me store credit because the bag was final sale but I pointed out i should get original payment back since it was defective and they agreed. The CS seemed nice and helpful. I am not sure I will order from their website again though, will probably stick to shopping in-store.

Ok so I finally talked to their CS and they let me return the bag, at first they offered me store credit because the bag was final sale but I pointed out i should get original payment back since it was defective and they agreed. The CS seemed nice and helpful. I am not sure I will order from their website again though, will probably stick to shopping in-store.

If I had a store nearby, I would do the same. That being said, received a Sale bag today, it was packaged perfectly and in perfect condition. So..., I guess if the deal is good it might be worth a try...

Hi guys! I just got my influencer tote with the strap and am unsure about it. I love the color but and am a little worried about the bag wearing fast. As you can see by the pics it's extremely floppy and the sides buckle from the weight of the strap. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated.

If you love it enough, you could keep and wear...do they take returns later for poor performance? Probably not.. I guess it's a matter of how much you love. If the floppiness of the bag is annoying (in addition to worrisome of poor wear), then maybe return. But, if it's [emoji177] then.., a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do...

Reactions: Tonia55
I definitely can see why you would be worried, it looks like the sides of the bag are not made well, and I can totally see that tearing if you were carrying a lot of heavy items. I remember seeing that tote in store and the leather feels thin...I would say to take it into your HB store (if you have one) or else talk with CS on the phone to mention "hey, if this were to happen, can you swap it out for a new one or get in store credit".. ... I'm not sure if they have a repair department like Coach does, but its worth a shot to ask?

View attachment 3784836 I am really really disappointed. I just received my first Bendel bag and it has stains all over the strap and the strap is not the same leather as the bag like depicted in the picture. The bag also reeks of a musty/perfume smell. I have emailed CS hoping they will respond. I bought it on final sale so hoping they will allow me to at least return it.

It took me a while to figure out why some final sale bags have that smell, finally I figured it out. Those are bags that the stores send back to the warehouse, which somehow end up sitting in proximity to candles while they are in the store storage room and get some musky strong candle smells. How the associates are not making sure to store them separately is beyond me.

I returned it. I just felt it wouldn't hold up well and I think I'd get sick of the strap and all the pins. I'm gonna get another jetsetter backpack in the color port . I just love a deep burgundy/wine color! Bring on the Fall! Lol