Help!!!!!

crodrigue

Addicted to Strass!
Jul 6, 2008
USA
So, today I got my James Perse Contrast rolled sleeve button down shirt in the mail. I purchased it from someone online who packed it so badly that I cut the shirt when opening the package. The top is white, and there is now a big (size of a pea) triangular whole in the back (under the bra strap, middle of the top) it's not by a seam... so I have no idea how I will fix this... or if I should just throw it away and take a loss... but does anyone have a creative idea for how this shirt could be salvaged? I would love to hear any ideas... :smile: Thanks ladies!:pout::cursing:

eliza

O.G.
Dec 2, 2006
Toronto
^ that's a great idea, i did something similar with a small piece of Balenciaga leather used to fix a thin, soft lamb leather jacket that had a tear. It worked great!

I have always been terrified of doing what you did (cutting the garment that's in the envelope). I buy a lot of things online, and i've almost done it a few times. good luck fixing it, don't toss it!

crodrigue

Addicted to Strass!
Jul 6, 2008
USA
did you cut the piece off complete or just nick it and the fabric is still there? if you take a piece of fusible interfacing you can patch it on the inside pretty easily if the fabric is still there.
no i totally cut off a peice - but i still have the little scrap ... the shirt was folded so it was a clean cut in the fabric - the size of a pea or a penny.

pugtolove

O.G.
Mar 26, 2009
California
I did that with a pair of FB jeans, I was so darned excited opening the package that i slit the jeans. Sold them on Ebay in the same condition, the girl didn't care. Sorry to hear about that, I would match the fabric and take it to a tailor.

onada01

Apr 8, 2008
take it to a seamstress! They are pretty good at fixing these things. You'll still see it but no one else will notice it if its done properly!

Apr 26, 2006
wear it with a vest/waistcoat/blazer... DON'T THROW IT OUT!!! can always be used in certain outfits when the back is coverd!!

crodrigue

Addicted to Strass!
Jul 6, 2008
USA
I'm debating if I should ebay it or keep it for layering... so sad... i was too darn excited opening the package.