Help!!!!!

crodrigue

Addicted to Strass!
Jul 6, 2008
So, today I got my James Perse Contrast rolled sleeve button down shirt in the mail. I purchased it from someone online who packed it so badly that I cut the shirt when opening the package. The top is white, and there is now a big (size of a pea) triangular whole in the back (under the bra strap, middle of the top) it's not by a seam... so I have no idea how I will fix this... or if I should just throw it away and take a loss... but does anyone have a creative idea for how this shirt could be salvaged? I would love to hear any ideas... :smile: Thanks ladies!:pout::cursing:

did you cut the piece off complete or just nick it and the fabric is still there? if you take a piece of fusible interfacing you can patch it on the inside pretty easily if the fabric is still there.

^ that's a great idea, i did something similar with a small piece of Balenciaga leather used to fix a thin, soft lamb leather jacket that had a tear. It worked great!

I have always been terrified of doing what you did (cutting the garment that's in the envelope). I buy a lot of things online, and i've almost done it a few times. good luck fixing it, don't toss it!

did you cut the piece off complete or just nick it and the fabric is still there? if you take a piece of fusible interfacing you can patch it on the inside pretty easily if the fabric is still there.

no i totally cut off a peice - but i still have the little scrap ... the shirt was folded so it was a clean cut in the fabric - the size of a pea or a penny.

I did that with a pair of FB jeans, I was so darned excited opening the package that i slit the jeans. Sold them on Ebay in the same condition, the girl didn't care. Sorry to hear about that, I would match the fabric and take it to a tailor.