Help with Vernis!

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi everyone! I have been searching the forum for over an hour and can't really find any direct answers to this question. Is there a way to get a surface pen mark off of vernis leather? I have read that magic eraser may be too harsh, and the same goes for alcohol. I have also read that a regular rubber eraser could work, but wouldn't that scuff away the shine of the vernis?

Mods, if this belongs in a different place, please move! Thanks!!

2. I hate to say it but I am pretty sure it is permanent.

Your dog is so cute!!!

3. ^^ agree ^^

4. LOL thanks.. he's a handfull though!!

So, does anyone know of a method for me to try to remove the pen or is it definitely impossible?

5. I was curious about this so I checked out youtube' but only found things for permanent marker some used hairspray other used deodorant like lynx, have a look there!

6. I got print from a label on a vernis cosmetic case -- found a thread in here somewhere that recommended non-acetone nail polish remover. I tried that -- it didn't remove the print, but didn't hurt the finish on the vernis either -- maybe that would work for you.

7. thanks!! does anyone know if LV botiques have ways of cleaning vernis... even if they charge for it?

8. ^^^They will tell you sorry we cant do anything, thats just what happens to vernis if you arent careful with it!

9. I had a vernis wallet and it had some small marks here and there and I was never able to remove them.

10. I had a Vernis Houston and tried to remove the pen mark with non-acetone nail polish remover, but it ruined it. It left a very dark mark around it. I didn't try the alcohol, as I got scared after using the nail polish remover. I agree with the other ladies here that a pen mark is permanent. I'm so sorry.:heart:

11. Yea, I am too nervous to try the nail polish remover I think. Something about it just doesn't seem right!

12. Could you test whatever remover you think might help in a little spot on the bottom? That way you could check & if it removed color it wouldn't be seen?

13. Yes, I think I am going to do that. I will probably try magic eraser first, then alcohol, then nail polish remover