Help with Vernis!

Miss Kris

Jan 23, 2009
Hi everyone! I have been searching the forum for over an hour and can't really find any direct answers to this question. Is there a way to get a surface pen mark off of vernis leather? I have read that magic eraser may be too harsh, and the same goes for alcohol. I have also read that a regular rubber eraser could work, but wouldn't that scuff away the shine of the vernis?

Mods, if this belongs in a different place, please move! Thanks!!

I was curious about this so I checked out youtube' but only found things for permanent marker some used hairspray other used deodorant like lynx, have a look there!

I got print from a label on a vernis cosmetic case -- found a thread in here somewhere that recommended non-acetone nail polish remover. I tried that -- it didn't remove the print, but didn't hurt the finish on the vernis either -- maybe that would work for you.

I had a Vernis Houston and tried to remove the pen mark with non-acetone nail polish remover, but it ruined it. It left a very dark mark around it. I didn't try the alcohol, as I got scared after using the nail polish remover. I agree with the other ladies here that a pen mark is permanent. I'm so sorry.:heart: