Help with this KOOBA

The Black Sienna listed above is definitely fake. It is a classic example and a very good picture of how most of the fake leather looks. That evenly pebbled look like that is a good indication of a fake. It is also missing the richness that Kooba leather has. Hard to explain if you've never actually seen one. Just try to remember how this leather looks and stay away from any bags that have this type of leather.

Some Siennas DO have some bumps, they are just not this uniform and they are larger and they also have sections of smooth or crinkled leather. The Siennas from Fall06 have HUGE bumps and look nothing like this. Some older model Siennas (prior to 2005) did have a bumpier texture but still the bumps (pebbles) looked nothing like these. Again, its hard to explain.

I have some recommended seller listed in my Ebay guide. I would suggest looking at all the photos of their bags to get some ideas of what real ones are supposed to look like. Also, go to neimanmarcus.com and use the zoom feature to see the leather up close. And of course, go to Kooba.com and examine all the bags. Submit a request to find an authorized retailer near your zip code by emailing them at [email protected]. You'll be surprised, there may be one near you as many small, upscale boutiques sell them, not just large stores like Neiman Marcus & Saks.