Help! Which one to buy?

Angelil

May 12, 2010
So I was thinking that I need to expand my family a little bit and add a sibling for my Bleecker and black Tanner.

I have been trying to decide whether I should get the Rory or the Duffle from the Legacy line or get the Duffle from the Classics line. I really like the colors of the legacy line but then I do find the neutrals to be more useful so I was thinking a should either go for black, navy or a brownish hue. What to do think?

Another dilemma is that although to do prefer the shape of the Classic duffle I am a little worried it will become more slouchy that the Legacy duffle since the inside part of the bag is very different. The classic only has the leather but the legacy one has fabric.

Please ladies let me know of you thoughts and any recommendations would also be well received!

Thank you and Happy New Year!

I think the Cognac Legacy Duffle would be a great choice, very classic color, and the leather is really nice. It does slouch over time but not too badly. Or Mahogany.

I have a legacy duffle and a rory and prefer the rory. It can be worn satchel or shoulder and i love satchels..lots of room...just the slouch and looks so classy!

I think you need to try both styles on if possible. I had a major crush on the Rory and when I tried her on, she just didn't work for me. I never considered the duffle because I just focused on the Rory, but when I tried on the duffle, it was love. So, I own an emerald duffle and :cloud9:her. I personally love the Legacy colors on the accessories and the duffle...

The classic duffle does slouch a lot. I find the shape of the Legacy duffle to be more useful than the classic because it doesn't get narrower at the bottom.

The classic duffle does slouch a lot. I find the shape of the Legacy duffle to be more useful than the classic because it doesn't get narrower at the bottom.

I also thought about that, but then I think that the classic duffle will age more beautifully than the legacy one. My sister has both of a stewardess and a carnelian duffle and the stewardess doesn't cratch as easily as the duffle.

Plus, it appears that the classic duffle is slightly bigger than the legacy one. I live in Scotland and when I visited London a couple of weeks ago all Coach shops had stock of the Legacy line, but not the Classics. Therefore, the only way I can buy is online.

I think you need to try both styles on if possible. I had a major crush on the Rory and when I tried her on, she just didn't work for me. I never considered the duffle because I just focused on the Rory, but when I tried on the duffle, it was love. So, I own an emerald duffle and :cloud9:her. I personally love the Legacy colors on the accessories and the duffle...

I did try the black Rory on last time I visited the Coach shop in London when I bought the Tanner and I really like her. I only bought the Tanner because I thought it looked slightly more formal than the Rory for work.

The colours are amazing indeed! They look so much fun, but honestly whenever I bought a daily bag in a bright colour in the past I either had to sell or gift it to my sister since it was just lying in my closet. However, I am considering ordering a Penny or a wallet in ultraviolet or sunflower! :biggrin:

I did try the black Rory on last time I visited the Coach shop in London when I bought the Tanner and I really like her. I only bought the Tanner because I thought it looked slightly more formal than the Rory for work.

The colours are amazing indeed! They look so much fun, but honestly whenever I bought a daily bag in a bright colour in the past I either had to sell or gift it to my sister since it was just lying in my closet. However, I am considering ordering a Penny or a wallet in ultraviolet or sunflower! :biggrin:

If you have tried on the Rory and she works for you - then go for it! I am jealous:P, but the bag is really gorgeous...
and definitely get some colorful accessories!

I also thought about that, but then I think that the classic duffle will age more beautifully than the legacy one. My sister has both of a stewardess and a carnelian duffle and the stewardess doesn't cratch as easily as the duffle.

Plus, it appears that the classic duffle is slightly bigger than the legacy one. I live in Scotland and when I visited London a couple of weeks ago all Coach shops had stock of the Legacy line, but not the Classics. Therefore, the only way I can buy is online.

I have a Legacy colorblock duffle and I had the vintage version of the classic, just like it but with thicker leather. I am 5' 4" and the classic duffle looked ridiculously large on me, even when it slouched. I think part of the reason is that it sticks out a lot from your body. The width is 9 3/4 inches compared with 5 1/2 inches for the Legacy. If you are very tall, you might not have this problem. The Legacy duffle is bigger than I need but it doesn't look too big on me. I haven't had any problems with the leather scratching, although several people on the forum have had problems with the corners showing wear.

My duffle is black cherry and i have black and cognac rorys!

I just loved the Rory in cobalt as soon as I saw it. Then I visited the shop because I also like the Tanner in sunflower, but ended up buying the black one because I would get more use out of it. The thing with me is that when I see the colours I am all too excited, but then I am thinking that I am not really going to wear it so I always decide in favour of a neutral because it will go with all my clothes and not just some of them.

Can I ask you something else? So far my Tanner doesn't have an signs of wearing out even though I am not too gentle with her. However, I keep reading about ladies here having many issues with their legacy line bags even within very few months of purchase. Do you have that problem too?

I just loved the Rory in cobalt as soon as I saw it. Then I visited the shop because I also like the Tanner in sunflower, but ended up buying the black one because I would get more use out of it. The thing with me is that when I see the colours I am all too excited, but then I am thinking that I am not really going to wear it so I always decide in favour of a neutral because it will go with all my clothes and not just some of them.

Can I ask you something else? So far my Tanner doesn't have an signs of wearing out even though I am not too gentle with her. However, I keep reading about ladies here having many issues with their legacy line bags even within very few months of purchase. Do you have that problem too?

I don't and haven't had issues with wear or color loss....nothing on my legacy bags.

I have a dilemma too... my hubby wanted to get me my first Coach for xmas... he even took me shopping to pick it out, but I couldn't decide! I am probably taking it way to seriously, but this would be my first expensive bag, and I want it to be something I will use for a long time. I figure I can get something bolder later maybe? So, I really love the Madison kara.... lots of pockets and just classic. I found this coral color block at Macys and the pebble at Nordstrom. Hubby thinks the grey is too plain, but I am torn because I am not used to gold hardware, and thing the grey would work with lots. Thoughts? This should be fun but I am stressed!!!

http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/...ryID=25311#fn=sp=1&spc=81&ruleId=52&slotId=32

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/coach-madison-kara-leather-carryall/3400467

Last edited: