Help! Which one to buy?

CoachNewbie1280 said:
I have a dilemma too... my hubby wanted to get me my first Coach for xmas... he even took me shopping to pick it out, but I couldn't decide! I am probably taking it way to seriously, but this would be my first expensive bag, and I want it to be something I will use for a long time. I figure I can get something bolder later maybe? So, I really love the Madison kara.... lots of pockets and just classic. I found this coral color block at Macys and the pebble at Nordstrom. Hubby thinks the grey is too plain, but I am torn because I am not used to gold hardware, and thing the grey would work with lots. Thoughts? This should be fun but I am stressed!!!

http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/coach-madison-colorblock-kara-carryall?ID=785470&CategoryID=25311#fn=sp%3D1%26spc%3D81%26ruleId%3D52%26slotId%3D32

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/coach-madison-kara-leather-carryall/3400467

I know how you feel...I just recently started on this Coach madness & felt the same picking a more expensive bag...I bought basics first & like you said- bolder later. I haven't seen either in person, but would opt for the grey if you feel it'd go with more. The other is super cute though too , but I'd say the other is more classic & neutral. Good luck & congrats...it's nice to have a more expensive bag :smile:

I just loved the Rory in cobalt as soon as I saw it. Then I visited the shop because I also like the Tanner in sunflower, but ended up buying the black one because I would get more use out of it. The thing with me is that when I see the colours I am all too excited, but then I am thinking that I am not really going to wear it so I always decide in favour of a neutral because it will go with all my clothes and not just some of them.

Can I ask you something else? So far my Tanner doesn't have an signs of wearing out even though I am not too gentle with her. However, I keep reading about ladies here having many issues with their legacy line bags even within very few months of purchase. Do you have that problem too?
I have the same mindset as you when it comes to color!! Although I have a plummy colored patent drawstring bag from last year (I think) that I love to wear and when I do gets lots of compliments. I figured out that I don't like attention - and you can't help but attract attention when you wear the bright colors! Plus, I'm lazy and don't like to change my bags a lot and having neutrals saves me from having to switch all the time!

I have a dilemma too... my hubby wanted to get me my first Coach for xmas... he even took me shopping to pick it out, but I couldn't decide! I am probably taking it way to seriously, but this would be my first expensive bag, and I want it to be something I will use for a long time. I figure I can get something bolder later maybe? So, I really love the Madison kara.... lots of pockets and just classic. I found this coral color block at Macys and the pebble at Nordstrom. Hubby thinks the grey is too plain, but I am torn because I am not used to gold hardware, and thing the grey would work with lots. Thoughts? This should be fun but I am stressed!!!

http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/...ryID=25311#fn=sp=1&spc=81&ruleId=52&slotId=32

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/coach-madison-kara-leather-carryall/3400467
That first one looks pretty bold to me! I don't care for it at all but beauty is in the eye of the beholder, you know? The second one was gone on the site and so I couldn't see it. Do you mind telling your age/range? I'm 59 and it's a little old ladyish to me. Right now all the legacy collection appeals to me infinitely better than most of the other lines - especially Rory, Candace and the Duffle. However, of the more "trendy" styles - I like Isabelle, Lindsay and Carrie. If the Kara "sings" to you though, you should get it in whichever color also makes you sing! Good luck deciding!! Oh - and welcome to tPf!!

Here is the link to the grey, I think it has a lavender tint, and the inside is like green :smile:.

http://m.nordstrom.com/s/3400467/

I am 33.... I was kind if thinking the same thing about the bag looking older. I love the new legacy stuff, but struggle with the fact that I want some organization. Most of the legacy are just one large opening.... I tend to overstuff then never find anything. So that is what drew me to the madison Kara, it has ; pockets. I wish one of the legacy did. I love color blocking.

Sigh.... Such decisions!

Here are the 2 bags....

I am leaning toward the grey. I really do love the new styles as well, the Molly, Duffle and Candace.... Just not sure how to organize them.... Candace would be my fav, but the duffle is more casual. Mmmmm. Would a color be too much for the first bag?

Attachments

• image-2021750615.jpg
    image-2021750615.jpg
    645.1 KB · Views: 113
  • image-1947165797.jpg
    image-1947165797.jpg
    654.3 KB · Views: 110
  • image-2190467966.jpg
    image-2190467966.jpg
    612.2 KB · Views: 113
CoachNewbie1280 said:
Here are the 2 bags....

I am leaning toward the grey. I really do love the new styles as well, the Molly, Duffle and Candace.... Just not sure how to organize them.... Candace would be my fav, but the duffle is more casual. Mmmmm. Would a color be too much for the first bag?

I would get the colorblock. It would go with a lot and it sounds as if you like it better. If you get the gray you might not feel satisfied. The colorblock would go with just about any color I can think of...a dynamite pop of color now, will be perfect for spring and summer. Go with the one your eye is more drawn to. And enjoy your new bag!!!

Thanks for the feedback! I do love a bit of color, I was really first drawn to the navy/fushia/brown bag in the legacy, I also like the solid colors. When I saw the color block madison Kara I thought I had it, but I am still torn that it may not be quite my style. I like the Candace style, even in a yellow or the colorblock or grey/fushia, but am not sure it if is the best purse for my everyday use. Molly might be better. My husband thinks I'm crazy!

I personally love the candace that i ended up buying 3 diff colors. I think the kara is nice as well and newest style and sounds like you're buying full price for it you might as well get the classic meaning blk or grey, colorblock will def go on sale sometime later and it would really sucks to see a bag on sale when you bought it for full price.. Just IMO.. Good luck!!

I did get the colorblock at 25% off, but the more I look at it I am sure she is going back. I like the grey a lot, but I also think the Cognac is nice. I love the style of the Candace, since it is a structured bag, would be a nice change for me! The one that has caught my eye is the white/grey colorblock, but it is still quite pricey compared to the others. I just don't know how I feel about it not totally zipping closed.

Coachnewbie: If you're sticking w/ the Kara style, I'd go w/ a classic like a grey or black. Someone else posted pics of her cognac (or a color like that) Kara in the what Coach are u wearing thread & it looked really nice too.