Help! what's wrong with Hermes boutiques!!

hei hei, some of you are actually abit confused, i just got a black birkin size 30 from Paris (somehow my in laws were able to get it for me) for about 4300 euro, but at the hermes store in bali the price starts around US$ 8335, so i was saying the PRICE DIFFERENCE is about US$2000, and again the Hermes store is NOT at the airport but at PLAZA BALI DUTY FREE SHOP (on by ngurah rai)! hope my info helps;)

Well size 35 togo birkin in H store in jakarta only around US$8000 recent price just depends on the currency exchange. So i believe it is almost the same price as in US plus their taxes.

They have Hermes store in Bali airport. I heard some people say no one really buy birkin in that store even if the birkin just sit there on display :smile: so thats why it is easier to get it from there.

and FYI, birkin in indonesia about same price as in USA.
Really??!! I didn't see it the last time I was there. How many airports are there in Bali?

I was in Rome last week and the Hermes by the Spanish Steps had 1 Birkin and 2 Kellys. I didn't ask the price as I was not going to buy - they way up at the highest shelf but were available.

I just bought 3 scarfs and a scarf ring.

The SAs were not falling over themselves to help me but they did not ignore me either.

When I go into these hoity toity stores I always walk in with the confidence that THEY are selling me the goodies I am NOT begging so what am I going to be intimidated about? And it shows in my walk and when I meet a SA's eye, I raise my eyebrow and give a small smile only. No gushing at first until I see and touch the scarves.

Yes, they may act rude but remember at the end of the day they are ONLY sales girls working for what? barely above minimum wage?

I don't really understand how Birkins waitlist and buying policy works.
I have a friend who just visited H at Honolulu a few weeks ago. She came back with TWO Birkins and showed off to me that she was only a visitor there but could end up getting two Birkins without any previous purchases or good relationship with SAs there! I'm jealous! :drool:

Is it going to be a great chance if I just fly into Paris for Birkins at anytime??

I'm kinda late in answering this post, but here's been my experience.

I agree that H SAs should be professional at all times, no matter what, and I'm finding that most really are, no matter if it's 10 am (opening time) or 5:45 pm (the store closes at 6, at least mine does).

At first, I didn't understand the whole elusivity of the Birkin, but now I do. I guess what helped me is knowing the Birkin is kinda your reward for being a loyal H customer. And it's really worth it, considering its rarity and craftsmanship. H SAs want the Birkin to go to customers who really appreciate the beauty and value of it. It may seem snobby, but it's not, because they really do get excited about people who really appreciate the brand.

Hi all, this is one of my first posts in this forum, and I love seeing everyone's beautiful bags. I have had good and bad experiences with Hermes SA's, and in my opinion, there is definitely a polite and tactful way to tell a first time shopper that there are no birkins available for first time shoppers. It should not matter how busy the SA is or how many times the question has been asked, it is their job to answer questions about hermes products; presumably they would rather acquire new customers rather than scare them away. The first time I went into Hermes, the SA told me the list was closed for birkins, but then spent a lot of time showing me different leathers and skins, explaining the craftsmanship of hermes bags. I have been a customer since then despite a subsequent rude SA who literally rolled her eyes and walked away from me mid-conversation when I asked to see a kelly bag sitting in the case next to her. Customer service should not vary depending on SA, but in our imperfect world, it does.

SAs are just SAs. They forget that they only work there and don’t own Hermes. Go to Ginza, the Rodeo Drive of Tokyo! All the SAs in Japan are extremely accommodating and polite regardless of how annoyed or stressed out they may be. Also, you can check out their designer resell shops, they carry both pre-owned and NEW Hermes handbags. Don’t worry! These shops are very reputable and all their designer merchandise are authentic. The Japan do not buy knock offs. Plus, there’s a display cabinet at the Narita Airport with counterfeit designer items to remind travelers that it is illegal to possess such goods.

I heard from a frequent client that there isn't really a long waiting list. Hermes just makes people think there is up so there is a big hipe. If you make a purchase and develop a relationship with your SA (basically kiss their ass) then they will even order one for you with your specific leather and HW choices. There are so many travellers in and out of Hawaii, do you honestly think that they have a 1 to 5 waiting list. Of course not (well, at least not the type they claim to have). You will definitely have a very good chance buying one in Hawaii!