HELP! what to wear to a summer wedding after 6pm...

jun3machina

hopelessly addicted
O.G.
Apr 11, 2006
so my DH's cousin is getting married june 4.
I have to say I have only been to one wedding and it was a pirate theme.:P
I dont know what to wear to this!!
I googled stuff, and get the basic info:
*dont wear white
*dont look like the stripper from the bachelor party the night before
*dont dress like your going clubbin'
:lolots:

but unfortunately, amongst all the fluffer articles, there's not much help..
The invite was worded formally, but there was no information on whether it's formal or not....
I know they were trying to keep it small.
It's going to be held at a family residence and the reception I believe will be in a park nearby. But there's a whole wedding party, bridesmaids and groomsmen...

All i really know is I think I want to wear something long.....and most likely straps or sleeveless
I was thinking an emerald, but I dont know if this color is summery or not...

attachment.php
atonement-knightley-green_400.jpg

can anyone offer up any advice??
any cute dresses for under $200??
I know the PF is my savior!!
help me ladies!

I think a long printed gown would be good for a nighttime summer wedding in the park. Perhaps a more casual dress and dress it up with some nice accessories if you aren't sure of the wedding attire. Doesn't necessarily have to be a print, it could be solid, but when I think summer wedding I think florals for some reason. If you are going to be in the park you don't want anything too fancy I don't think. I think a gown in the emerald green would be lovely. I really like the second dress you posted, but I think something like that might be a bit too fancy.

thanks! i did find one floral one i liked but it's sold out....this here:
attachment.php

i think this one is cute, from winter kate:
_6437344.jpg

Attachments

• edding.jpg
    edding.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 2,121
Something like the last two pics you posted except in a more summery colour. Like lavender, pale pink etc.

BTW who designs that green long sleeved dress Angelina Jolie is wearing I LOVE it!
The long sleeves make it a better choice for fall imo.

Go to Windsor.com
I have found many wedding party and formals
there.Tthey have lots to pick from and the shipping is great!
It's right under your budget!
They had a similar green dress like the one Kira has on hope you find it still!

thanks lady ;)

i've also been looking at anthro stuff. they normally get nice dresses for summer, but so far im not head over heels anything. i have my eye on a winter kate dress. im going to hit up my local NR on thursday to see if i can find anything, and if that fails, i think i'll order the WK dress....