Help! What should I do???

^Yes, I am fully considering doing a chargeback.

The bag was purchased with Amex and their CS is amazing. They go above and beyond to make their cardholders happy.

I realize that there are no HH sale guarantees, but c'mon people! Are you really telling me that you wouldn't be PISSED in this situation???

I told them I would like to send it back for a credit to put towards another bag. I think that is very reasonable given the situation.

Completely reasonable! That way no one loses - they still have a sale (and retain a loyal customer), you still get a great bag. And they can still sell the damaged one in a sample sale - for an absolutely rock bottom price, someone wouldn't mind a stitched tear inside.

Or the repair option quoted in the post above might work - just point it out as their own policy when you call again! You wouldn't be returning or exchanging, so it should still fit the extra sale policies.

I agree with trying to talk to Salina or Ben; I would expect them to be very understanding given their past history of good CS. I also agree that they should allow this exception for you to exchange or refund. Damage, in my opinion, voids the terms of the sale.

^ Thanks for the kind words, ladies.

To clarify: the bag was new, and seemingly undamaged when I got it. It just started falling apart after a few days. I am beyond horrified by the quality. I feel like I just flushed $150 down the toilet. I know to most of you that's not a lot of money, but for me that's an insurance payment, or half a car payment, or a month's groceries.

It's not an issue of squabbling over the terms of the sale. It's the principle of it: everyone else got good bags, but they sold me a crappy bag. It's not fair and I think they should make it right.

I got my olive Ana today and I'm not even happy about it. The bag seems sturdier, but I don't trust it. I'm afraid to use it.

Here's another option: you could ask for them to repair it for you. From the FAQ on the HH website: "Our bags are offered with no guarantee, but we stand by our quality, and the majority of simple repairs are performed free of charge."

It doesn't say anything about clearance items being exempt. Here's the complete repair policy:
http://haydenharnett.com/?action=faqs&question=7

Excellent option as well, Mockinglee. I believe that they would probably replace the entire lining, any other kind of repair is really inadequate.

^ Thanks for the kind words, ladies.

To clarify: the bag was new, and seemingly undamaged when I got it. It just started falling apart after a few days. I am beyond horrified by the quality. I feel like I just flushed $150 down the toilet. I know to most of you that's not a lot of money, but for me that's an insurance payment, or half a car payment, or a month's groceries. I

t's not an issue of squabbling over the terms of the sale. It's the principle of it: everyone else got good bags, but they sold me a crappy bag. It's not fair and I think they should make it right.
Absolutely.

Price shouldn't have anything to do with it. As others have pointed out, it says right across the top of their sale page, "These brand new items are in their original condition, but are sold as is, with no warranty of any kind."

Now, it says "as is", but are you supposed to believe that a brand new bag in its original condition should come with rips and tears? I think you're perfectly justified in complaining.

Good luck! I hope it works out!

I really hope that HH comes through with a satisfactory resolution to this problem with quality! I am shocked afer only reading positive things about it before - you must have ended up with a lemon :sad:

I too would be seriously P.O.'d if it happened to me - actually, it did, but with a JUNIOR DRAKE hobo. I have emailed them 4X and they are ignoring me (issue was due to their using a plastic zipper).

At least HH is not ignoring you (like those JD jerks are doing to me), and you are going to work things out... hopefully!

At least HH is not ignoring you (like those JD jerks are doing to me)[/B], and you are going to work things out... hopefully!

Well, they said they would call me back 2 hours ago... I'm still waiting.

I really want this to get resolved quickly, because I would like to exchange the bag for another sale bag. I don't want them to give me a $150 credit after the sale that I have to apply towards a $300 bag. I don't think that's a fair solution!

You know, that's crappy and I think you should keep bugging them about it. Ask if they believe in their products and stand behind the quality of them. Tell them you're not asking them to rope the moon for you, but rather are making a reasonable request because you got an item in a substandard condition. If they say no, tell them they just lost a customer.

You know, I bought a bag from Linea Pelle's closeout sale, and it said it was also final sale, no returns, yadda yadda yadda. I received the bag a few months ago, glanced at it quickly, and tucked it away for school. When the semester started I took the bag out, only to notice that the bag was missing two rivets. I e-mailed them just to let them know, and they apologized, but I had told them it seemed only cosmetic and I wasn't interested in returning it. However, after 4 days of use I saw that one of the missing rivets wasn't cosmetic; it was putting too much stress on the stitching and was coming undone. I e-mailed them again, telling them how disappointed I was.

They wrote me back and told me that it was not a good depiction of their quality (which is true, I absolutely LOVE my other LP bag, the flaw was obviously a fluke), they said they were sorry and were going to send me a new bag for free. They gave me several options of new bags (though they are "samples," they are still more than a fair replacement because of how cheap the sale price was of the bag I ordered), and they shipped the bag that same day, no arguing or humming and hawing.

Now THAT is customer service. I was worried about ordering from LP again, but after their service and polite e-mail correspondence, I can guarantee to be a returning customer and feel good about giving them my money. THAT is how you keep your customers. They didn't have to give me a damn thing, because I also bought that sale bag as a final sale, no returns, etc. But they cared enough to back their product and keep me around. :tup: And it worked, because I will be back. They lose more by losing a customer than arguing over a cheap bag.

Oops, sorry this is so long!

Here's another option: you could ask for them to repair it for you. From the FAQ on the HH website: "Our bags are offered with no guarantee, but we stand by our quality, and the majority of simple repairs are performed free of charge."

It doesn't say anything about clearance items being exempt. Here's the complete repair policy:
http://haydenharnett.com/?action=faqs&question=7

I agree that although they're not obligated to give a refund, it would be good CS and the right thing to do to repair the bag.

^ It's not a simple repair. As someone else stated, they would have to replace the lining. It tore open at a place where there is a line of stitching, but no seam. If they just stitch it shut, it will look like Frankenpurse.

At this point I just want to exchange it. I don't even want my money back. I would be thrilled with a different bag. I feel like this one has bad Karma now. If I have to keep it, it will piss me off everytime I look at it!

PS- thank you all for joining my pity party. I am being a miserable brat today!!

I have to disagree with those that say the disclaimer voids any obligation to issue a refund. I would argue that the failure to adequately describe the item (as in saying it is new and in original condition when this was obviously not) voids any sort of reliance upon the original terms of the sale because their actions in not describing the item breaches the original terms of the agreement thereby releasing you from being bond by any of the terms.

Just my take and two cents.