Help!! Weird Looking Chanel Chain Straps

kouki

Oct 21, 2006
HI All,

There is one thing i realised regarding my new chanel flap purchased from a Chanel Boutique, the leather straps inside the chain is not continuos. On one part of the chain, there is a gap in the middle. THen the next part of the chain, the leather will start again. is this normal? thanks all. Im a chanel newbie.

^^^^^ I remember that discussion/debate also. I ended up looking at some bags on ebay to check out the chains on auctions of reputable sellers, since this was new to me. I did see a few chains that did look like yours. Your fine!

I bet there's a reason that the leather is not continuous. This seems like a thought out process to not put too much stress on a single piece of leather.

I just put this info in the wrong place. I found the thread. Look on May 11th post number 10, by Michelle.

I also quoted it in the authenticate section. I got lost somewhere in my search:shrugs:

THanks for your help laurel. Im sure there is nothing to worry about with the Gap in the strap since few more PFers have this "thing" with the strap... :smile:

Im so happy now...