Help! Vachetta, patina ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

nordia5

<3
Apr 11, 2008
Hi everyone. Soon i'm going to get the Speedy in Azur 30, and I am not hip to all this LV lingo. Such as patina, and vachetta.
Also, can you treat this so it doesn't turn dark as quickly? I plan on using it for most of the spring and summer, and I don't want it to age very quickly. Basically, how do you care for this bag?
Thank you!

my understanding is that it will patina over time no matter what you do. my advice would be to keep it put up in the dust bag and keep it out of direct sunlight when possible.

also do not hold the handles w/ your hands. you should just put it on your arm when carrying it.

There really is nothing you can do. It will get darker no matter what you do. I agree about not using lotions, etc. on your hands and carrying it in the crook of your arm so it ages evenly. I like aged vachetta on mono pieces, but have to admit I don't care for it much against the azur, which is why I haven't gotten an azur bag. If you use it daily through the spring and summer, it likely will get pretty dark. Humidity and heat can also make it darker as well.

Would you recommend that I don't get an azur? It's just that I have a Beaubourg in Damier Ebene, and I wanted something different and fresh.

that the was speedy i wanted, the damier azur, but the thought of stressing out and worrying about the patina and such was too much for me, i just could not take it. so i got the damier ebene, if you feel you will spend too much time babying the bag, you might want to consider enjoyment too.

Well i do like the azur, it's finally grown on me over the years. I'm not sure if I would like it w/ patina handles though....That may be a deal breaker.

Honestly, it is a nice bag. Maybe you should look at photos of then where the handles have turned honey patina to see if you like it.

Hi everyone. Soon i'm going to get the Speedy in Azur 30, and I am not hip to all this LV lingo. Such as patina, and vachetta.
Also, can you treat this so it doesn't turn dark as quickly? I plan on using it for most of the spring and summer, and I don't want it to age very quickly. Basically, how do you care for this bag?
Thank you!
few threads to check out

http://forum.purseblog.com/louis-vuitton-faqs/patina-faqs-98716.html

http://forum.purseblog.com/louis-vuitton-faqs/vachetta-faqs-98718.html

Status
Not open for further replies.