Help! Pros & Cons please

How much time do you spend outdoors? I always wore a sweater because of the aircon so the chains stayed cool and I tend to stay out of humidity as much as possible. I am moving there in Jan so I will be using all my bags - just not on super rainy days.

Hi harley,

welcome to singapore. it will rain frequently here, heavily raining from nov-feb. I spend time Outdoors almost all e time. S'pore is very very humid & hot, even after a nice bath in evening, once outta e bathroom within 3-5min, u find urself sweating again.

Hi harley,

welcome to singapore. it will rain frequently here, heavily raining from nov-feb. I spend time Outdoors almost all e time. S'pore is very very humid & hot, even after a nice bath in evening, once outta e bathroom within 3-5min, u find urself sweating again.

I have been there about 10 times over the past three years and yes the weather is awful but I find the aircon unbearable and have to carry a sweater - but I wore a number of my bags while walking up and down Orchard and i guess I never really noticed how hot the chains got. I personally can't think of a flap that does not come with a braided chain or just a chain. If that is the bag you want - perhaps other more educated TPFers will know. I do know you could carry a clutch or a tote ... or actually I have an ICON bag where there is a chain but it does not hit the shoulder.

this is such a great suggestion harley. however, i'm not gonna buy in Singapore chanel... Can only source in ebay but unfortunately there is none of it & i want a new black color piece. + my budget ard US$1K.. Sign :sweatdrop:. There is so little i can do..

Does it have to be a flap? What about the timeless clutch? It is in your price range - a new one.

Hi welcome to Chanel, I know alot of Singapore friends who wear there reissue chain gracefully without any problems, how often do you wear sleeveless? and since Singapore is so hot, I guess the time you spend walking under the sun won't be too long, unless you are talking about spending time at the beach, then again, you probably won't want to bring a flap there.

yes alot of Singapore PFs order their bags from the US, it's cheaper to buy from there, have you visited the below thread specially for Spore pfers? a lot of great info, HTH.

http://forum.purseblog.com/chanel-shopping/chanel-in-singapore-180201.html

And frankly speaking, USD1K might be a bit too tight to get a Chanel bag, check out the reference library too, you should be able to get a clearer pic.

Does it have to be a flap? What about the timeless clutch? It is in your price range - a new one.

May I know hw does a timeless clutch look like? I don mind anyting as long as it is similar to classic flap. LOL.. :P Like e one shown above in my 1st post, it may not be a classic flap but it look like one, i mean to me it feels like one. & I would like a black color with turnlock opening/closure..
Thx again harley!! U have been a great help...

Hi welcome to Chanel, I know alot of Singapore friends who wear there reissue chain gracefully without any problems, how often do you wear sleeveless? and since Singapore is so hot, I guess the time you spend walking under the sun won't be too long, unless you are talking about spending time at the beach, then again, you probably won't want to bring a flap there.

yes alot of Singapore PFs order their bags from the US, it's cheaper to buy from there, have you visited the below thread specially for Spore pfers? a lot of great info, HTH.

http://forum.purseblog.com/chanel-shopping/chanel-in-singapore-180201.html

And frankly speaking, USD1K might be a bit too tight to get a Chanel bag, check out the reference library too, you should be able to get a clearer pic.

thx so much. U have provided me a great details of info.. i spend lotsa time walking. Takin a bus, waiting for e bus is he**, so so so hot, i cant melt under e sun although there's a bus shelter but e heat surroundin is overwhelming... lol :sad:
I know my budget is too tight, am jus praying hard that probably some seller is willing to make a lose by selling cheaper cos they wanna get offhand soon. Yes, i wish... LOL

May I know hw does a timeless clutch look like? I don mind anyting as long as it is similar to classic flap. LOL.. :P Like e one shown above in my 1st post, it may not be a classic flap but it look like one, i mean to me it feels like one. & I would like a black color with turnlock opening/closure..
Thx again harley!! U have been a great help...

Here you go:

Attachments

• clutch.jpg
    clutch.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 35
Here you go:

great clutch & many celebs are holding it but i prefer ur 1st red flap pic.. lol. thx again.. although i rant so much but s'pore's weather stuffs like tt but still hope u'll like here. There are still many good stuffs, like F1 for e next 4 years. Perhaps u can catch it next year? Singapore flyer... Excellent safety. Blah blah blah...

There is. But my dad is paying e electricity bills & is ex here. So i needa listen to wat e old man say. No a/c in e night unless over 30 degress celsius.. tt's so hot...!! He used to say 29.5degress celsius.
Especially ladies when we have menstrual, is even hotter than ever, our body feels like is gonna explode. I needa act to go to our temperate reader blow some hot air to make e temperate 30 degree celsius for a few sec, let my dad c den can on a/c. sad.. :tdown:

By the way, ladies from Singapore can order their bags from any of the USA main department stores with shipment to Singapore which might be a better price for you.H

O this is a GD NEWS for me!! do u all have Chanel in dept store? Our LV, Chanel, Coach, Hermes, Gucci, are all in boutique form.. Do u have e website of various dept store? Thx

Last edited:
There is. But my dad is paying e electricity bills & is ex here. So i needa listen to wat e old man say. No a/c in e night unless over 30 degress celsius.. tt's so hot...!! He used to say 29.5degress celsius.
Especially ladies when we have menstrual, is even hotter than ever, our body feels like is gonna explode. I needa act to go to our temperate reader blow some hot air to make e temperate 30 degree celsius for a few sec, let my dad c den can on a/c. sad.. :tdown:

Luckily for me my DH hates humidity more than me so regardless of how expensive bills will be, my flat will be a freezer.

Luckily for me my DH hates humidity more than me so regardless of how expensive bills will be, my flat will be a freezer.

nice DH.. My BF cant stand coldness.. Cant imagine what will happen after our marriage. But i guess i can train him.. :graucho:jk.. He'll dote me & my flat will bcum freeze to another contribution to global warming. I hope not