Help Poison Ivy

Isn't Tea Tree fantastic! It's a great natural antiseptic.

There's a lake in Australia that's surrounded by tea tree and the water is reddish because of their oil. It's totally safe to swim in and when you come out your hair is so soft and smells wonderful.

Glad the itch has gone away.

treeoil.jpg

[SIZE=+1]History and Application[/SIZE]
Australian aborigines have legends about magical lagoons where people bathed to heal cuts, wounds and skin infections. Those lagoons were ponds where Tea Trees dropped their leaves. Crushed leaves relieved pains from cuts and bruises. Aborigines also inhaled vapors of crushed Tea Tree leaves to treat colds.
Tea tree oil is the strongest natural antiseptic known to man. It deeply penetrates skin, which explains its ability to sooth and relieve a large array of skin problems such as shingles, eczema and psoriasis, poison ivy, boils, cuts, insect bites, and minor burns - to name a few. See Summary of Microbiological Testing
Tea Tree oil has been examined by scientists and found to have nearly neutral pH - perfect for use on human and animal skin. The pure Tea Tree oil is non-toxic and cannot damage healthy skin around the area to be treated.
However, as with other commonly used essential oils, 100% Tea Tree Oil appears to be toxic when administered orally and hence the ingestion of pure Tea Tree Oil is not recommended.
Whilst Australian Tea Tree Oil is suitable for topical application in most cases, those with tender skin and/or a tendency toward dermatological irritation should use product formulations containing less than 10% Australian Tea Tree Oil.
Currently Tea Tree oil is a component of commercial cosmetics and skin care products, but its role is going to change; soon it will become one of the main ingredients of topical skin preparations. For example, Tea Tree Oil was noticed to improve such skin conditions as nail fungus and dandruff. At the present time FDA recognizes Tea Tree Oil only as an antiseptic product. However, centuries of experience and recent test results can't be ignored.

Ayeayeaye! I HATE poison ivy with a passion! I get it so so easily. The first time i got it was when we first moved to "the country" and my dad was cleaning out the yard and he burned it! I breathed it in, and it came out on all kinds of parts of my body. YUCK! I had it in between my fingers, down my throat, my eyelids, all surfaces, errr.... butt, you name it! I was a bubbly sticky mess! :yucky:
It was miserable!!! I got a few steroid shots and that did the trick...
:flowers::yucky:

caitlin1214 said:
Selena, if you don't mind me asking, what exactly were you DOING to warrent poison ivy all over your body?

well my husband was out doing yard work and got it on his hands and legs...he comes in...not knowing he had touched that plant and proceeded to grope me all over.....you get the picture. So I have poison on my boobs, ass, thighs..ect. Its kind of a map of lust if you will...marked in poison ivy!!! Does that answer your question? :graucho:

First off, I think your husband owes you something...how about a new purse?;)

Second, my husband and my mother have both had very, very bad cases of poison ivy. For both, it got into their blood streams and they had it for weeks - kept popping up all over their bodies. It doesn't sound like it is in your blood stream, but, if so, shots are very necessary. Also, the oil from poison ivy can remain on gardening tools, gloves, etc. for weeks. So, if your husbad was using any tools, make sure you wash them with a strong detergent as well.

Good luck & glad you are feeling better!

Selena said:
well my husband was out doing yard work and got it on his hands and legs...he comes in...not knowing he had touched that plant and proceeded to grope me all over.....you get the picture. So I have poison on my boobs, ass, thighs..ect. Its kind of a map of lust if you will...marked in poison ivy!!! Does that answer your question? :graucho:

LOL :roflmfao: :roflmfao: I am sorry I have to laugh...

I hope you feel better Selena..
hugs2.gif

Selena said:

......went back and read this......oh, Selena :sad: I have to agree, DH owes you SOMETHING for giving you PI. You poor dear :Push: