HELP please! Which is better? Chanel eyeshadow quads or YSL eyeshadow quads/sets??

Chanel, YSL, or something else?

• Chanel of course, and may I suggest ___________. :)

• YSL, it lasts longer, and may I suggest ___________. :)

• Something else! they're both not good. and kinda expensive too.

Results are only viewable after voting.
^^thanks cheburashka! maybe the quality is like my laura mercier's. i had a friend who interned at redbook magazine and gave me a quad from laura mercier and although the colors were lovely, they only lasted 2 hours tops. now i'm sticking with chanel or dior. :smile:

Having used both for years and years and even working for YSL and Chanel . I have to say Chanel is better. YSL lacks any pigmentation. They had one quad for fall that is nice. Chanel is hit or miss. Lately it has been Hit. Dior has the best quints. But most are very very frosty and some of the quints are OTT.

I have never used YSL eyeshadows. I do own other stuff by YSL and love everything i got so far. However i do own Chanel quads. One of them i purchased it last summer and i hated it! The colors were gourgous but they did not last on my lids at all... I thought i was never going to buy any chanel shadows again, but i did and this time i had a better experience. Like somebody else said here, Chanel quads are hit or miss. I purchased a single shadow from Chanel and i was very impressed.
I do own Dior shadows and i like them a lot. No complains there so far. But my favorite eyeshadows of everything i own are MAC eyeshadows and Makeup Forever. They are awesome and they last a long time. Good luck and have fun with your purchases!

pixiedust, I haven't owned any Chanel items for a long time (love their lippies, though!) and not much YSL (but again - the lipstick is wonderful) but I would have to say that if you want something that lasts and lasts, try Bobbi Brown cream eye shadows. They come in shimmer, matte, and metallic, and stay on 8+ hours without primer. Worth every penny. :yes:

If you want something really fun with great color payoff, I would go to a MAC counter and have them help you make a custom 4-shadow quad. Nobody does fun makeup like MAC, and the quality of the shadows is excellent, especially for the price.

I've bought many Chanel quads over the years but they don't feel very impressive when applied dry. It's much too subtle unless the eye is primed well. I actually have had to use concealer over my lids for the colors to adhere. There is much more intensity when used wet.

The Dior 5-shadows are easier to use than the Chanel quads.

I've only bought the YSL duo once and I had no problems, they seem more saturated, somewhat "oilier" and dense. You can smudge the colors together with the fingertip. (I have to say the YSL blush is great too)

I prefer Chanel eyeshadow quads. I too have found several YSL quads' to be lacking adequate pigmentation. My favorite Chanel Quad is the Kaska Beige (gorgeous neutrals) that came out with the Spring collection.

^ Yes!

Have you seen the pics I posted? Here it is: ;)

The lightest shadow is gold/yellow, but it's not really a metallic, if that is what you are looking for...I love this quad!!!

IMG_4123-1.jpg

Attachments

• th_IMG_4123-1.jpg
    th_IMG_4123-1.jpg
    3.7 KB · Views: 1,121