HELP please! Which is better? Chanel eyeshadow quads or YSL eyeshadow quads/sets??

Chanel, YSL, or something else?

• Chanel of course, and may I suggest ___________. :)

• YSL, it lasts longer, and may I suggest ___________. :)

• Something else! they're both not good. and kinda expensive too.

Results are only viewable after voting.

pixiedust82

cruisin’ thru life :)
O.G.
Mar 4, 2006
I am thinking of purchasing a quad for my night outs as my make-up has always been so meh.:weird: I narrowed it down to chanel or YSL because I have HG's from these 2 brands (the rouge allure from chanel and the faux cils mascara from YSL). the rest of my stuff are mac and shu uemura and i wanted to amp up my collection a bit with a different brand. By the way, I'm a buff beige/sand beige NC30 with yellowish undertones.

So girls, what do you think? Chanel or YSL? TIA! your opinions will be so appreciated. :flowers:

lolakitten

O.G.
Mar 11, 2007
Ontario
Both, as well as texture. I find Chanel e/s chaulky & flat, and it takes many more layers to look as rich, yes wears off so fast.
YSL e/s has depth & spreads so much more evently & easier, and last on me better than other brands. Thier e/s is my favorite.

Needanotherbag

Halt and Salute
O.G.
Aug 6, 2006
Dressage Arena
for daytime looks, I prefer Chanel Quads - for me they are light and natural.

My hands down favorite Quads (I think there are 5 in each compact though) are Dior. They apply like velvet, long lasting and quite pigmented.

ChristyR143

Really?
O.G.
Aug 7, 2007
Texas
Between the two, I like Chanel. But, IMO, not all Chanel quads are created equal. Some of them are not the greatest quality, but then, I suppose that's the same for any brand. My all-time favorite quads are Variations and Spices. They are very neutral and can do a subtle look for daytime or be amped up for nightime.

Cheryl

Obsessed
O.G.
Jan 12, 2007
Tampa, Florida
I much prefer Chanel shadows to YSL, I have probably 8 chanel quads and 1 YSL and I NEVER use my YSL, the color pay off is terrible.. Maybe its just the YSL palette I got but its definitely not my favorite

nicci404

O.G.
Jun 7, 2008
Seattle, Washington
I have never tried YSL so can't speak on that but I have gone through two Chanel quads and I loved both. Both were silky, long lasting, and had good color payoff.

Have you gone to the counters and checked it out yourself?

pixiedust82

O.G.
Mar 4, 2006
actually i've tried chanel from my mom's dresser about a year ago and i found it to be really nice and smooth but i just thought YSL might be good too since i super love my faux cils. dior, i have those airlines palettes but my colors are so light. :smile: i will play around come next week but I just want to be sure as I tend to get sales talked haha. and i always get to the mall by closing time almost so i wont have the whole day to dilly dally and it takes a bit of time for me to make up my mind! just though i'd ask a little help from my friends :whistle:

pixiedust82

O.G.
Mar 4, 2006
for daytime looks, I prefer Chanel Quads - for me they are light and natural.

My hands down favorite Quads (I think there are 5 in each compact though) are Dior. They apply like velvet, long lasting and quite pigmented.
i am now looking at the dior quint in night butterfly too, thank you. :smile:

cheburashka

ON ROTATIONS !!!!!
O.G.
Mar 25, 2008
You are probably going to get quite a difference in opinions. YSL is my most favorite makeup brand period - I simply adore its lipsticks, primers, blushes and etc. I don't really like Chanel and rarely ever buy it. Still I am extremely disappointed with YSL's shadows and think Chanel eyeshadows are better quality.

Every brand has a weak spot - shadows are YSL's weak spots. They blend well and are smooth and very pigmented - but they have absolutely no lasting power and even with shadow primers create a gooey mess all over your eyelids. Chanel shadows stay on my lids forever even w/out primer - YSL even with UD potion, I feel like I have to re-apply and clean up my eye area every couple hours for sure. I once worn YSL shadows to a professional event where I had to sit still for several hours and couldn't touch up - 5 hours later I had the worst case of racoon eyes. Like someone else suggested, you should get a Dior quint instead, they are my absolute favorite for shadows.

Last edited: