Help please...I'm confused

MidNiteSun

O.G.
Mar 4, 2009
I'm not a seller on eBay but I do buy quite a bit. I recently won a BeBe jacket on eBay. I paid the seller immediately. She then refunded my money. So I e-mailed & asked her why. She replied "I sent you a new paypal request with the free gift referenced in it so that the shippers could include it." I didn't quite understand so I asked her again. She explained that she refunded my money, then send me a request for payment through PayPal & included a gift for me.

My question is this - should I pay her through her request? On eBay, it shows that payment has been refunded. If I pay her now, will eBay know that? I'm just confused. Why didn't she just send the free gift without refunding me? What's the point? I don't care about free gift, not sure what it is either.

What do you gals/guys think? Should I go ahead & pay again? This is so weird. Thank you.

Who and the what what?

She refunded you so she could add that she was sending a free gift? Um.....

So was this just a money request through through paypal sent to your email? Or are you able to click the submit payment link through ebay?

If this is a money request through paypal, I WOULD NOT make payment. The transaction will be off ebay and you will not be protected. Im not sure if this is the sellers way of getting her fees canceled by selling outside of ebay, or she's being genuine about wanting to send a free gift. but something is not adding up right.

Yeah, there's no reason to refund your money like that. And if she wanted to include a free gift, tell her to stick it in the same box as your jacket. I think this seller is trying to get you to pay through paypal directly to avoid the fees or something worse.

I would not pay her at all. You won't be protected since it'll be an out of ebay transaction. Since she refunded you the money, keep your money and look for another jacket. And report this to ebay immediately! As in call them and report it.

Yes, she refunded my money. She then sent me a request through PayPal, not an invoice from eBay. I think you gals are right, she is trying to do this outside of eBay. I told her I didn't want her free gift. She still insists that I pay her thru her PayPal request. I think I'm going to let this go & not pay her again. Thank you.

Definitely don't repay her via a paypal invoice alone! How she went about this is somewhat fishy. If she would simply resend the ebay invoice with the new info on it, that would be ok. She might try to file a strike for non-payment later. If so, tell ebay that she tried to circumvent fees by doing an off-ebay transaction. They don't like that...

well, i got an email from her asking for payment. wtf? she wrote "please pay me today using my paypal request or i will sell this to the next highest bidder. paying via paypal money request is paying through ebay." i replied "then why did u refund my money? feel free to sell it to whoever cuz im not going to pay outside of ebay."

GEEEEZZz..., they are trying every trick in the book! 1, it will be off ebay so you can't do a SNAD or file any claims, 2. She gets all her fees back I am guessing?

Perfect reply OP!

OMG..I just got another email from her. She wrote "fine, i will sell it to the next highest bidder. i must inform you, i will take all legal actions against you." what? i can't believe she wants to sue/ take legal action against me. is this a joke? anyway, i told her to go ahead & do whatever....

this is just ridiculous.

Yeah, there's no reason to refund your money like that. And if she wanted to include a free gift, tell her to stick it in the same box as your jacket. I think this seller is trying to get you to pay through paypal directly to avoid the fees or something worse.

I would not pay her at all. You won't be protected since it'll be an out of ebay transaction. Since she refunded you the money, keep your money and look for another jacket. And report this to ebay immediately! As in call them and report it.

Agree here.. something is up and don't like it at all. very odd and

doesn't sound right to me..if there is a free gift, why not just include

it in the package she is shipping to you..

Have you called ebay to report/discuss this? It sounds super fishy and I would report it to be on the safe side and protect yourself from an unpaid strike or something of the sort.

this keeps getting better & better.

i got an email from her again. in my last email, i told her to go ahead & sue me. lol. in this email i just got, she wrote "i will contact legalzoom later today. they will contact ebay to get your info then send you a subpeona. can't wait to see you in person."

omg....we're talking about $50 here. what a crazy person. should i contact ebay? im not scared or anything. i just want ebay to close her account.

^ there is NO way she will sue you. she has no cause of action whatsoever. besides, she is the one breaking the agreement to complete transactions only via eBay. if anything, eBay would go after her. REPORT HER! she'll be NARU'd in no time.