Help please! Diamond and Setting advice needed

wow, it has definitely gotten a lot harder for me. The Beverley K setting sample just arrived today, I was hoping that I wouldn't like it in person but I LOVE it! This is going to be really hard to decide between this setting versus the Tacori. And in person it definitely looks a lot more different than in pictures, in person this setting is so intricate but also really delicate, not chunky at all. The shank is actually a lot thinner than the tacori. It has diamonds going all the way down the shank, versus the Tacori that just has diamonds going half way to the middle. But I'm not sure if that's a positive or negative, because it could bang more and the diamonds could fall out, but on the other hand it looks super pretty. Help please!

-7.jpg

-8.jpg

-9.jpg

-11.jpg

sorry for the big pics, but what do you guys think?

Of the two, I prefer the Beverly K. It just seems like it will be more comfortable to wear. It's also a tad bit simpler, but there's something to be said for timeless and simple elegance.

Good luck and Congrats on your first home!

I like the Bev K better. But like ame said, do you want it a band to fit flush? I have a custom ering VERY similar to the Bev K and my bands do not sit flush. I personally like that look and did it on purpose, but it can really bug some people.

I like the Bev K better. But like ame said, do you want it a band to fit flush? I have a custom ering VERY similar to the Bev K and my bands do not sit flush. I personally like that look and did it on purpose, but it can really bug some people.

Exactly, but it makes for an interesting look too!

I'm recently re-thinking my wedding band and they way it sits......do I really need/want it to be flush???

Einseine said it best to "give the diamond some breathing room and space"

One of the reasons I'm now considering a "shared setting"

This Beverley K is stunning though....beautiful craftsmanship. Have to see the Tacori again....maybe we can do a "side-by-side"??

The beverly K setting is stunning! Love it. I prefer my wedding band to sit flush, but I also love so many rings where the bands have a gap and look stunning!

Thanks everyone for your input!

I tried to wear the sample for longer than 30 minutes, and the diamonds that goes all the way down the shank kept on rubbing on my other 2 fingers and it just wasn't comfortable. Also I showed it to the BF and he said that the Tacori just has a lot more details and that he likes that one a lot better. But since this setting is almost $2k less than the Tacori, it's still somewhat in the running hehe.

I'll try to get a side by side, I need to check with this other jeweler that has really good ratings on yelp.

GOG has 2 more new diamonds posted, it's both about $3000-$4000 more than the one that I posted, but it has better specs. When I get home I'll post it and see what you guys think.

I think I like the space between my bands too, I don't like it when it's completely flushed. I think for my wedding bands, I'll either have one or two (really thin ones) against the engagement ring. I really like the novo bands that Contessa posted :heart:

Lec, I know what you mean about the rubbing. Eternity bands can do that as well. For that reason, I prefer half-circle bands.

Love the Novo too! It's on my Christmas list ;)

Thanks everyone for your input!

I tried to wear the sample for longer than 30 minutes, and the diamonds that goes all the way down the shank kept on rubbing on my other 2 fingers and it just wasn't comfortable. Also I showed it to the BF and he said that the Tacori just has a lot more details and that he likes that one a lot better. But since this setting is almost $2k less than the Tacori, it's still somewhat in the running hehe.

I'll try to get a side by side, I need to check with this other jeweler that has really good ratings on yelp.

GOG has 2 more new diamonds posted, it's both about $3000-$4000 more than the one that I posted, but it has better specs. When I get home I'll post it and see what you guys think.
See if beverlyK will alter the design to stop the diamonds further up the shank perhaps?

Also, look forward to the new Diamond options :smile: