Help on Carmino Styles!!!

OHHH so thats' what a Montaigne looks like. Thanks for all the info 24 Faubourg. Does anyone know if the Carmine Veneta is the same price as the regular coloured venetas????

Gemibebe, thank you for posting that picture. I would really love a Montaigne but can't decide between Ebano or Carmine. I love so many things about this bag--the fact that it's convertible, the feet, the zippered closure, the adjustable handles, the clochette and lock...

Thanks 24 Faubourg for all your help. Gemibebe that montaigne pic makes me :drool:. I'm still sitting on the fence though and thinking maybe I should go with my first love a campagna in black. Decisions, Decisions!!!:confused1:

24 Faubourg, I would go for the Carmine as Montaigne is such a cute bag that I think a brighter color will highlight all its features! I have tried the Carmine Montaigne in the BV boutique and it looks great. However, since my most beloved color for Montaigne is still Magnolia, therefore I bought a Veneta in Carmine instead! :smile: I would rather choose Ebano for a more classic style such as the Veneta.

Syma, it really depends what kind of bags you like and what you already have. A black bag is always indispensible in the whole collection, however, since I already have black bag and somehow I think a lighter color can better demonstrate the ultra-fine craftsmanship for the interwoven leather, therefore my first 2 purchases of BV are all lighter/brighter colors: Magnolia and Carmine! :smile:

loving the carmine montaigne. i want to go see it tomorrow. i love it as a hand held bag and converted to a tote that could go over the shoulder. my question is will the color be high maintenance? will it be subject to color fade or color transfer? otherwise it is a fabulous color and i think it will look great with my ebano and ottone accessories. thanks

I'm loving the colour but I would really like a nice slouchy style for it like the sloane or campagna. Unfortunately it doesn't come in either. While I love the montaigne I'm really a shoulder bag person and the montaigne is too boxy for that. That just leaves the veneta, but I have one in ebano anyway and would love a different style.

Hello gemibebe, thank you for your suggestions!! It will all depend on which color I decide on with an Hermes bag that is coming my way. It's a new style I am waiting to see in person. It's likely I'll go for the Carmine over the Ebano, though!
You picked well, BTW! Your 2 latest BV's are TDF. :tup:

24 Faubourg, I would go for the Carmine as Montaigne is such a cute bag that I think a brighter color will highlight all its features! I have tried the Carmine Montaigne in the BV boutique and it looks great. However, since my most beloved color for Montaigne is still Magnolia, therefore I bought a Veneta in Carmine instead! :smile: I would rather choose Ebano for a more classic style such as the Veneta.

LOL doubtfulguest! I think they invite every guest to keep theirs! Both my husband and I kept ours, and we took home a few business cards as well. I took this picture while resting on the veranda after our meal. How was your French Laundry experience?

souvenirslucy.jpg

It's been a few years, and when you said you took a picture, I wasn't sure if you took it home as well...

My 11am lunch was fabulous!! My friend and I try new places a few times each year and that was by far our most adventurous meal. While I don't think any particular dish was heart-stopping, the experience of eating there was quite worth it. Something like 9 courses, all the salt, the 100 yr old balsamic vinegar, the ever-present salmon tartar ice cream cone...And the waiter was a doll when I tried to use my expired credit card:shocked:

Doubtfulguest, I'm glad you enjoyed your experience, too! I have to agree with you; while not one dish really stood out my experience as a whole was truly memorable.

Oops, sorry Syma, didn't mean to hijack your thread!

:back2topic: