Help! Neverfull de for everyday bag? Wear and tear

Hi!

I bought the NF DE in PM a year ago. I bought the PM having the cracking problem in mind. I figured I wouldn't want to fold the sides in on a PM size. Still love the bag and thinking about getting the MM. Still debating if it will be the mono or DE. I think the leather in the mono will take more kindly to folding the sides in.( I like the trapeze look on de NF MM).

Hope you love your NF!

Why don't you check into the Speedy B 30 in DE? That bag would be very convenient with kids. I have 4 kids and I have a Speedy 30 B in Empreinte and I love it!! If you can wait, there are rumors of a DE Totally coming in March or August - probably August because no one has seen pics yet. Just a thought....

Well I purchased my neverfull... I believe it was the beginning of 2012. Used it maybe ten times and it cracked. I brought it in to the store and they replaced the straps for free because it was under a year old and clearly not used. I DO believe they've fixed this problem... I haven't had an issue with the new straps and I must say sadly I abuse this bag. I haven't really seen much on purse forum about cracking lately either but maybe I've missed it. Good luck deciding!

I just got a de nf mm. Have been debating if I should get it because of the cracking handles like u were concerned about. Like other ppl mentioned here, lv will repair it if that happens. That's why I am not too worried. I am expecting I might have to take my bag within a year to have the strap replaced. That's no problem at all because I do love the bag. I am very careful of not bending the handles also.

My first NF MM DE had problems with the leather around the open top. I show you a picture, this is easier than explaining. I never cinched my NF and don't know, why this happened. I brought it to LV and they sent it to Paris for repair. I got my repaired bag, brought home and took out from the box they put it in - and it was broken again, even worse!!!! Immediately I called the customer service and they told me to bring it again. I was extremely upset about the problems, you can imagine! Then they gave me a new Neverfull and a Snow Globe as excuse for all the troubles. Now I have my new one since last June and no more problems, knock on wood ;) I don't baby this NF, but I never cinch the sides! The new leather feels softer than the old one, maybe that's the reason why it holds up better.

Attachments

• Fehler NF.JPG
    Fehler NF.JPG
    208.8 KB · Views: 393
My first NF MM DE had problems with the leather around the open top. I show you a picture, this is easier than explaining. I never cinched my NF and don't know, why this happened. I brought it to LV and they sent it to Paris for repair. I got my repaired bag, brought home and took out from the box they put it in - and it was broken again, even worse!!!! Immediately I called the customer service and they told me to bring it again. I was extremely upset about the problems, you can imagine! Then they gave me a new Neverfull and a Snow Globe as excuse for all the troubles. Now I have my new one since last June and no more problems, knock on wood ;) I don't baby this NF, but I never cinch the sides! The new leather feels softer than the old one, maybe that's the reason why it holds up better.

All I can say is WOW!!

I think the NF is a perfect mom bag! I've had mine for 2 years, and it looks brand new. Obviously, if you're carrying around pieces of concrete, you will have wear and tear! But if you're carrying extra clothing for kids, juice cups, your essentials, etc. it should be perfectly fine. It's such an EASY bag to carry. i love mine, and have always thought it would be a great mom/kids bag.

I think the NF is a perfect mom bag! I've had mine for 2 years, and it looks brand new. Obviously, if you're carrying around pieces of concrete, you will have wear and tear! But if you're carrying extra clothing for kids, juice cups, your essentials, etc. it should be perfectly fine. It's such an EASY bag to carry. i love mine, and have always thought it would be a great mom/kids bag.

I thought the same thing, thats why thinking about getting one :smile: Somehow the NF has started to drag me towards it!! First I thought about Speedy 30, but somehow I'm thinking about the NF all the time :biggrin: I don't know why I don't like the speedy b so much.. If I wanted a speedy I would like a classic one..

Bought mine in 2012, I have the Neverfull Mono GM and have used it as an every day bag on month long stints here and there. It's great for using on flights and long weekends. I don't have children but if I did this would be the bag I would use everyday. ImageUploadedByPurseForum1392234859.860272.jpgI've had no issues with it. Great bag!

Thank you all for your advice! I think I'm going for NF de, maybe in next month I hope :smile:

I've had my NF DE MM since December 2010 and it's held up beautifully. The corners of the bag have "faded" a bit, but not surprising as I've used it multiple times a week for 3 years!

Not to mention it's the perfect bag for flights, traveling, and everyday! Love the bag!