What should I buy her?

• Blue Nile Bezel Diamond Pendant (.25-.33) 18k wg

• Tiffany SS Key

• Tiffany SS "Figure Eight" Pendant

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

callire

Sep 4, 2006
So... I want to buy my sister a really nice, really pretty necklace (or maybe earrings or bracelet, but preferably necklace) for when she starts college. She already has a "class of 'XX" padlock charm from tiffany's, so I don't want to do that or one of the graduation caps.

My maximum budget is about $600.

I was thinking either something from Tiffany's or a diamond pendant from Blue Nile. She's not really into big name, designer things, but I know she'd think it was special if I bought her something nice from either company.

So far:
- 18k Bezel set diamond (.25-.33 carat) necklace from blue nile
- Tiffany key (she'd either LOVE or HATE this one)
- Tiffany "figure eight" necklace

Picture14.png

Picture13.png
Picture12.png

Any other ideas?

Last edited:
I like the 18k Bezel set diamond necklace from blue nile.

I usually just give my sister money, or take her out shopping so I know that she will get what she really wants!

I am a big fan of Tiffany, but I actually like the 18k Bezel set diamond necklace as the style is classic. What dmitchell15 suggested are also great! I would get something with diamond if the price is within your budget. I have the Tiffany "figure eight" necklace which is also very nice. As for the Tiffany key, I would get the smaller key (maybe 2 which would make it more unique!) than one big key as I believe that the small keys goes well with everything but the big key only looks good with long chain IMO.

GL!! :smile:

If money is no object then get the BN diamond...it really will be something that she loves forever. If not then get the Figure Eight. While I love the Keys collection, IMO that one (which is fairly large), while beautiful, is more a statement piece than a forever piece. I KNOW a lot of people will disagree with me on that.

the blue nile solitaire is the most classic. i bought my niece a half carat solitaire necklace - prong set- for her MBA grad and she loves it! you can't go wrong. you are a sweet sis!

I think Tiffany is overpriced, and you are paying extra $$ for its name only. Thus, I vote for BlueNile. However, you may want to consider giving cash instead or let your sister pick. She is family, so it is OK to be open.

If I did not know the maker of the three gift chices, I would have picked the diamond pendant, because diamond is worth more than silver. Besides, the diamond pendant looks great, elegant, and TIMELESS. The key is a bit childish.