HELP!!! Need help deciding on Chanel boy!

Hello ladies! I need some help deciding on which Chanel Boy to get. My choices are:

Large Black Quilted Calfskin w/distressed GH, or
Medium Black Quilted Calfskin w/distressed SH.

So, large or medium...gold or silver?

I already own:
-Medium Black Distressed Calf SH
-GST Black Caviar SH
-Maxi Black Lamb GH
-WOC Black Patent SH
-Jumbo Pale Gold Lamb matte SH

Decisions, decisions. Please help!

Hello ladies! I need some help deciding on which Chanel Boy to get. My choices are:

Large Black Quilted Calfskin w/distressed GH, or
Medium Black Quilted Calfskin w/distressed SH.

So, large or medium...gold or silver?

I already own:
-Medium Black Distressed Calf SH
-GST Black Caviar SH
-Maxi Black Lamb GH
-WOC Black Patent SH
-Jumbo Pale Gold Lamb matte SH

Decisions, decisions. Please help!

I see a trend...silver hardware. If it's a hardware that you have gravitated to, there is usually a good reason. Because of that, I'd suggest the medium black quilt with distressed shw. You have other large bags (maxi, jumbo, gst) but only one medium and the small woc. :smile:

You have a great point. My SA is the one pushing me towards the large GH. Says more people prefer gold, and it's much harder to get in the boy. What do you think? Is he right? Based on what I've been reading here on tpf, more people have gold over silver.

You have a great point. My SA is the one pushing me towards the large GH. Says more people prefer gold, and it's much harder to get in the boy. What do you think? Is he right? Based on what I've been reading here on tpf, more people have gold over silver.

I don't think it matters what people have, I think it matters what YOU like. I can tell you that I prefer silver hardware, and have that on all but one of my flaps, but that's not going to help you. It's not harder to get one hardware over the other if the bag is made with both.

Based on your current collection, you seems to have more SH and so I vote GH to add variety.
As for the size, have you tried the large and medium before? Which do you think looks better? If both are equally alright, then I vote for the large coz can put more things.

Thank you soxx. I was thinking that as well.

Does anyone know...the large quoted versus the large original...are they the same size and shape?

I've tried on both the large and medium already.

I guess I feel it's difficult to justify buying the large quilted w/GH bc I already have the Maxi w/GH...that it might be too similar.

The GH does pop more and fits more also. But I like the more rectangular shape of the medium. But would have to use a smaller wallet.

Personally I think the GHW looks better in this style, especially since it's distressed it's not too flashy. I'm not sure about size though, my instinct is to say medium as the large looks too square, but that's just my personal preference. All depends on what you want to add to your collection and how comfortable you feel wearing it. :smile: