HELP! My seller's Paypal account is frozen and...

zacorey said:
Just to give an update...I contacted ebay and they said it was fine to send the money to the g/f's Paypal account. She said I would still be protected by both ebay and Paypal. I paid! I hope it all goes well! Thanks everyone!!!

Be sure to let us know how things turn out. I hope for the best.

You guys are so sweet!!! I mean it!:tender:

Anyway, yes I spoke with ebay (they do own Paypal) and asked them if both Paypal and ebay would protect me if the deal goes bad. They assured me it was safe to pay to the g/f's account. Plus the conversation is documented with the rep I spoke with. I really thought this was going to be unacceptable and was surprised that they allowed this! Go figure!:rolleyes:

you should be safe sending payment to the g/f's account.
You have to remember that in the regular auction he could have directed you to pay with the g/f's account in the first place and you would not have known that it was her's.

I think that as long as you send a payment to a Paypal account you should be covered.

zacorey said:
You guys are so sweet!!! I mean it!:tender:

Anyway, yes I spoke with ebay (they do own Paypal) and asked them if both Paypal and ebay would protect me if the deal goes bad. They assured me it was safe to pay to the g/f's account. Plus the conversation is documented with the rep I spoke with. I really thought this was going to be unacceptable and was surprised that they allowed this! Go figure!:rolleyes:

Good news :smile: . As long as it's documented, I wouldn't worry about it.
Yay for you!!!

How's his feedback? I know some flakey buyers will file paypal claims for buyers remorse, so that may have frozen his account, however once the same thing happened to me and found out the seller was bogus. If ebay said it was OK, then it should be fine but I'd still pay through a credit card just in case.

We'll I am still waiting for my bag I bought to show up! He shipped from Canada on 8/22 and today is 9/3!!! He gave me the tracking number and this is coming from the Canada (I'm in the US):

2006/08/2320:20CALGARY, AB Item accepted and entered into sortation plant

2006/08/2317:59CALGARY, AB Item accepted and entered into sortation plant

2006/08/2220:57CALGARY, AB

Item accepted at the Post office

SHOULD I BE WORRIED? HOW LONG DOES SHIPPING TAKE FROM CACADA TO THE US?

TIA!!!!:yes: