Help my poor GST!

OMG, I'm so sorry to hear about the accident...it makes me sad to hear of such horrors =( My SA is Cathy Foy and she is an absolute doll...I actually had to exchange a bag because some problems with the GST stitching and she has been nothing but helpful throughout the process. She is highly recommended!

Update: So I took my GST to Chanel at South coast. Since I didn't know any great SA's there (thanks btw for the recommendations, I will make sure I go to them next time I visit), I waited for the first person to approach me. I explained my problem and what had happened, but upon the SA's initial reaction to the bag's condidtion, it didn't look good. I asked if I can have it sent out to be cleaned, but he said he's not sure if they can clean btwn the stitching, which was where the bbq sauce did most of its damage. He said to wait and that he would try "something".
After 15 min, he popped out with my bag, and it looked like new! (except of course, there were still some sauce btwn cracks here and there). I was amazed at the great job he did. I did tell him if I needed to have it sent away for repair and he said that my bag was still in great great condidtion, and that the only time i really need to have the bag sent out to be refinished is after maybe 8-10 years of use. I did tell him that the restaurant manager would pay all cleaning costs, but the SA (btw his name is RAUL -- super cute too ;) ) said that it wasn't really necessary to have it sent out because the caviar leather is really durable.
He told me that I could get the little leftover stuff using my nails and the cleaner that they use at the Chanel store -- something called Cadillac shoe and bag cleaner/conditioner. He told me I could purchase it at the nordstrom next door. I bought it and as soon as I got home, I used the cleaner to get the itty bitty sauce on the cracks and now my bag looks great! I even found that using that stuff on the corners of the bag makes the corners look less worn in.
So I guess I won't need to deal with the manager at the restaurant. I mean should I insist that Chanel refinish the leather on my bag and have the restaurant manager pay for it? I dont want to be dishonest, but at the same time, I also don't want to feel "jipped" that the manager didn't pay for the cleaning. What do you guys think?
Thanks everyone for the comforting words!!

ahhh that is fantastic news. I was very hopeful that something could be done without the cleaning process, as the GST is a very very hardy bag.

Keep an eye on it, and maybe just go over the cracks again with a cotton bud and some more of the lotion if you notice anything more.

So happy for you that it has worked out. I wouldnt bother with the restaurant manager personally, although I certainly would not take my chanel there again ;) its just not worth the hastle and thanks to the great SA, why bother putting it through an unnecessary cleaning process which could harden the leather for no reason? I would put in a call tho, saying its been fixed but that you expect the waiting staff to be more careful AND more apologetic than they were to you :smile:

ahhh that is fantastic news. I was very hopeful that something could be done without the cleaning process, as the GST is a very very hardy bag.

Keep an eye on it, and maybe just go over the cracks again with a cotton bud and some more of the lotion if you notice anything more.

So happy for you that it has worked out. I wouldnt bother with the restaurant manager personally, although I certainly would not take my chanel there again ;) its just not worth the hastle and thanks to the great SA, why bother putting it through an unnecessary cleaning process which could harden the leather for no reason? I would put in a call tho, saying its been fixed but that you expect the waiting staff to be more careful AND more apologetic than they were to you :smile:

thanks chloe! great advice!:tup:

Thank goodness your GST is saved! I used manage in a restaurant, if anything like this happen again, the first thing to do is get something in writing from manager of store/restaurant achknowledge of what happened. Then you can ask for reimbursement later if needed. I would at least have the restaurant pay for the cleaning supply you purchased from Nordies, just so he knows you didn't try to 'fraud' him for money, KWIM?

Btw, thanks for the cleaning supply tips!

Thank goodness your GST is saved! I used manage in a restaurant, if anything like this happen again, the first thing to do is get something in writing from manager of store/restaurant achknowledge of what happened. Then you can ask for reimbursement later if needed. I would at least have the restaurant pay for the cleaning supply you purchased from Nordies, just so he knows you didn't try to 'fraud' him for money, KWIM?

Btw, thanks for the cleaning supply tips!

I got the managers name and card just in case, but theres a 30 min drive and seems like a waste to drive there for $5. What I wanted was a refinished surface for my bag, but the SA said its not needed.
Thanks for the advice!

How long have you had this GST? If you buy less than one year, Chanel will clean for you for free of charge but you need to have a reciept. However, if more than a year, the cost is approx. $120..

How long have you had this GST? If you buy less than one year, Chanel will clean for you for free of charge but you need to have a reciept. However, if more than a year, the cost is approx. $120..

I've had it for less than a year, but the SA did clean it for free in store without asking for the receipt. What kind of cleaning do they do for $120??? Maybe I should just request it and send the restaurant manager my bill. Let me know!

I've had it for less than a year, but the SA did clean it for free in store without asking for the receipt. What kind of cleaning do they do for $120??? Maybe I should just request it and send the restaurant manager my bill. Let me know!

It means your Chanel boutique has repair department. That's why they clean it in store and since you bought w/them therefore no required a receipt and have for less than a year, they will clean it for u for free.. $120 for person who own the purse for more than one year..:yes:

I'm glad it worked out for you in the end, just as well the bag was caviar and not lambskin. BTW ihave used a lightly damp cotton bud to get melted chocolate stains out of the cracks in my caviar bags and it worked just fine :tup:

I am so glad they had it cleaned on the spot and it's looking great again!:yes:
As you say,I too think you should inform the manager of the restaurant though,so he won't think you wanted to cheat on them and point out to him that the personnell should be more careful and polite from now on!

It means your Chanel boutique has repair department. That's why they clean it in store and since you bought w/them therefore no required a receipt and have for less than a year, they will clean it for u for free.. $120 for person who own the purse for more than one year..:yes:

OOOOoo so if i've had it for more than a year, that 15 min. cleaning wouldve cost me $120??? Wow thats expensive! Thanks for the info, CC!