Help! My new French Blue Twiggy's leather is peeling!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The peeling is noticeable and does not should not happen on such a new bag with little use. I hope you can work out something with BalNY. Good Luck!

Their "exchange policy" should not even come into play with a defect. Balenciaga should be on their "defective item policy." I don't know what their policy is, but on such a high end item, it should be replacement. The SA should be apologizing to you for Balenciaga's mistake in putting a defective item out on the floor to sell. I'm sure that XXXXXXX/Balenciaga will make things right. :yes:

Even thought it is after the 10 day period, I would think that peeling would be considered a manufacturing defect and thus would be taken care of by Bal? Even 6 months in peeling of leather in a high end bag is unaccceptable. I equate that to if I by a sweater and the seam tears 3 months in because of poor stitching - I expect a replacement or a refund!

I agree, I think both these cases of peeling leather should be treated as a mfr defect and be covered under the warranty.

I don't recall if the Balenciga warranty is 1 year or 3 years, can somebody help me out here?

I am so sorry, mimi. I hate it when I feel publicly embarrassed, and I regret that you felt that way at Balenciaga. I hope you can still enjoy the bag. We are all so intensely cognizant of any problem with our bags. I would imagine that sometimes the Balenciaga sales reps think we are overly picky. However, we pay a lot for these bags and should get only the best for our money.

Whaaat? I'm so surprised they'd insist that that's "normal" distressing! :Push: I'm so sorry...

Is it on a really noticable part of the bag?? In the pics it looks as thought it's on the bottom to me...?

I'm so sorry you were caught up in "store policy" stupidity, dearest mimi... I noticed today a bit of dryness that looks like it will lead to peeling on my blue india... None of my other bbags have this, only the blue ones, maybe that means something about balenciaga's blue dye?

Whaaat? I'm so surprised they'd insist that that's "normal" distressing! :Push: I'm so sorry...

Is it on a really noticable part of the bag?? In the pics it looks as thought it's on the bottom to me...?

The peeling was on the back and part of the front of the bag. It is small, but what I was most worried about was that if the leather is already showing tendencies to peel, then the condition might get worse.

I just moisturized the bag and it looks SO much better. I've always hesitated putting moisturizing products on my bags, but it turns out that this is exactly what the bag needed! I realize it's such a simple solution to a seemingly trivial problem, but as stated before, I paid $1000+ to have a bag that shouldn't have to be treated.

Glad to hear that moisturizing helped :smile:

I too think it's ridiculous to have to treat a $1,000 bag. I think my bag needs some conditioning too... what did you use?

I'm glad moisturizing seems to have helped - what did you use?

I used Kiehl's Creme de Corps lotion...which was the only moisturizing thing I have in my house! It's given a nice shine to the bag and deepened the color, so I'm happy with the way it turned out. Plus, there's no perfumey scent!

What's ironic is that when XXXXXXX was telling me that the bag (only when sent in by the original purchaser!) could be submitted to their repair person for conditioning at a cost, I overheard the assistant manager tell another customer that "dry spots can be treated using Lubriderm". Now why couldn't XXXXXXXX tell me that? :rolleyes:

Bal Paris is aweful too. Last week I went there with my aunt who bought 3 bags and a pair of jeans, the SA was horrible to us and because the store was understaffed that day they decided to close it early and then locked us inside and made us go through the basement to the bal men's store next door, then the men's store was also locked up and we had to go through the basement AGAIN, back to the women's store and demand that they let us out. Sorry for the rant but it was just beyond bad behariour. Imagine what they'd made us do if we hadn't bought anything....

Sorry to hear about this mimi but I am glad that conditioning seems to have helped! You're right though, it does seems pretty absurd that we have to condition/treat bags which are very expensive, and the Balenciaga after care customer service is more or less non existent!!

Bal Paris is aweful too. Last week I went there with my aunt who bought 3 bags and a pair of jeans, the SA was horrible to us and because the store was understaffed that day they decided to close it early and then locked us inside and made us go through the basement to the bal men's store next door, then the men's store was also locked up and we had to go through the basement AGAIN, back to the women's store and demand that they let us out. Sorry for the rant but it was just beyond bad behariour. Imagine what they'd made us do if we hadn't bought anything....

Oh eww! That's horrible too. I was wondering to myself earlier if Bal Paris would be better but after reading your comment, apparently not!

Status
Not open for further replies.