HELP!! My keepall got SWITCHED!!???

I literally gasped when I read this thread. My heart goes out to you, I would feel so violated. This is horrible. If you have the original receipt which I hope you do, def. take this matter up with the airline or cruise whatever it was, someone will be held responsible. I would even consider hiring a lawyer, even if you end up paying more in fees then the cost of the keepall, these sob's need to be reprimanded for their disgraceful conduct.

I just took a look, i can't believe i didn't think of that!! You're a genius! My tag color is deffinately darker, but not by very much but you can tell the difference. My bag wasn't very old so the leather didn't really oxidize that much.

they probably only do switcheroos on new vachetta bags since the older ones have vachetta that changes and is darker, the owner would notice. I hope you get this resolved soon and get reimbursed for both the cost of the keepall and your inconvenience and heartache. I would def. sue the airline, most definitely, it's just hideous that you take a flight and this happens. I'm not naive, I know that these workers perhaps pilfer through luggage, and I wouldn't pack very expensive things, like jewelry etc. but to actually switch a bag and think it will go unnoticed and unpunished, forget it, go get em!

My solution was went out and get another one from LV store:sweatdrop: But if you can locate the purchase receipt as proof of auth purchase, and file a claim w/airline/air port? It sucks airline company kept place more restrictions on luggages, but fail the give the equal level of protections to passengers:cursing:

LOL..that solution isn't bag! I'm trying to locate the receipt, i have no idea where it is. And i have to agree with you what you said about how airports dont give equal protection to passengers. It's lucky all those clear PVC bags have come into fashion lately. Oh btw i flew from New York JFK back home to Sydney Australia. I had a stop at LAX.

just thought of something else sorry don't mean to scare anyone but.......

this would take sometime to do, did you leave your luggage anywhere before going to the plane like perhaps a hotel or temporary luggage storage. Are you sure that your keepall went on the plane and hadn't already been swapped.

Liberté;2550195 said:
What gave the fake away? Are there other stories like this? It seems relaly crazy to me, especially that they changed the content. Come on, LV isen't THAT expensive, it's not worth getting thorugh all that trouble.

When the manager compared it with a real one int he store, the lining was similar but you could tell it was a different material, the stitching at various locations were wonky and uneven. The stamped 60 was very shallow, not as imprinted as the real one and the size was a little bit smaller by a tiny tiny bit ( he measured it)

I'd never heard of anything like this before, that's why i never really had a problem with checking in my LV bags. True, the keepalls arn't really worth that much money but money is money, guess people would go to any lengths these days.

just thought of something else sorry don't mean to scare anyone but.......

this would take sometime to do, did you leave your luggage anywhere before going to the plane like perhaps a hotel or temporary luggage storage. Are you sure that your keepall went on the plane and hadn't already been swapped.

I thought about before for quite awhile..from the whole moment i got off the plane at JFK I took my bags in a trolley to the car, the bellboy got the bags from the car, i checked in which took about 10 minutes? I went upstairs and the bellboy came up about 5 minutes later with the bags. When i unpacked my stuff everything seemed to be in order. Then i just left my bags next to bag for the next 2 weeks i was there. I did have house keeping everyday, which made me think that maybe a maid did it? Because when i left the hotel the bellboy got the bags and took them to the car and i was off to the airport again. Checked them in straight away and got the plane home.

OMG I can't believe this happened to you! This is insane, I thought I was paranoid because I absolutely refuse to check in expensive luggage, but I was always worried about the stuff inside being stolen instead of the suitcase itself. So sorry you have to go through this!

I am sorry for what had happened to you,but honestly it is hard to beleive this story----it means somebody who works at the airport luggage handling department is pretty good expert to be able to detect an authentic LV keepall bag among thousands of bag that go through their hands ????? I find it very unlikely.And then,when this person located an authentic LV,he has exactly the same keepall on hand with the exact patina but fake so he can switch????I mean,com'on,i just dont believe it!!!!Sorry!!!

im sorry this happened to you. I really wish there was a way to find out who did this kind of thing. Makes me feel like i NEVER want to carry any LV luggage onto a plane. T_T