Help me understand why there is NO hype about this R. Minkoff bag?

I adore this bag. I just wish it would be more readily available, KWIM.

If only Lindsey or Hayden was caught with one of these things on their shoulders, you know it would just be the IT bag. :blush:

I believe you can purchase a hobo strap for your MAB/MAM on the RM site. Correct me if I'm wrong. Did they ever sell the hobo as is? I was just on the site last night looking for the hobo & elisha strap for my eggplant MAM, alas only the current season leathers are available for that option right now.

Here's the link: http://www.rebeccaminkoff.com/Merch...de=RM&Product_Code=strp-ho&Category_Code=ACCS

EDIT: My bad.. I just noticed that Gung's photos is its own bag - hence no handles to hold the bag. It's cool though that RM MAB/MAM holders have the option to purchase the hobo strap.

Last edited:
Not big on RM either, just a bit too plain for me.... these looks like "balaciaga" wannabee's
sorry, but it doesnt do it for me

Everyone has their own opinion and not everyone has to like RM but forgive me because I really don't see how RM bags are "balenciaga wannabees".. can you explain?

Is this just b/c the Matinee is a similar shape to the twiggy? That is the ONLY similarity I see and these two bags are VERY different. I'd like to know more about how you came to this conclusion.:popcorn:

Everyone has their own opinion and not everyone has to like RM but forgive me because I really don't see how RM bags are "balenciaga wannabees".. can you explain?

Is this just b/c the Matinee is a similar shape to the twiggy? That is the ONLY similarity I see and these two bags are VERY different. I'd like to know more about how you came to this conclusion.:popcorn:

I was kind of baffled by this comment as well. Not just because I'm a biased RM fan, but I don't really see the resemblance between a Balenciaga bag and an RM - they're two different styles IMO. Of course I don't have much knowledge of Balenciaga bags to form a real opinion. :P

I was kind of baffled by this comment as well. Not just because I'm a biased RM fan, but I don't really see the resemblance between a Balenciaga bag and an RM - they're two different styles IMO. Of course I don't have much knowledge of Balenciaga bags to form a real opinion. :P

Personally I think this comment was a low blow. Why else come on the RM subforum and say the bags we all love are bbag wannabees?? When in fact they are TOTALLY different. I think some people can't handle the fact that Rebecca Minkoff is really blowing up. God forbid Balenciaga had a little competition, kwim??

smiley-werd.gif

Personally I think this comment was a low blow. Why else come on the RM subforum and say the bags we all love are bbag wannabees?? When in fact they are TOTALLY different. I think some people can't handle the fact that Rebecca Minkoff is really blowing up. God forbid Balenciaga had a little competition, kwim??

Honestly I see where she is coming from. You can see where RM took inspiration from certain other bags/designers including esp. Balenciaga. I believe a member actually posted a comparison between her RM bag and a Bal and you can see the similiarities.

But it doesn't bother me personally...because all of fashion is to some extent derivative or "inspired" by other designers or shapes/styles other designers have used before. This is not particular to RM. I mean, Marc Jacobs is notorious for reissuing designs that are practically out and out copied from vintage 60s designs, etc.

As long as there is also a uniqueness there, and the designer has made a new style her own, I am all for it. (Especially when RM bags are half the price, or as they were formerly, 1/4 the price, of Balenciaga!) And Rebecca has done that. She may have been inspired by other designers (and I think she herself has admitted that Balenciaga is one of them!) but her bags are totally her own.

Hey everyone, not trying to defend Guest, but the post was from November 07, this was before the subforum. So Guest was just posting an opinion in a random thread in the Handbags and purses forum. Not trying to start anything.

Hey everyone, not trying to defend Guest, but the post was from November 07, this was before the subforum. So Guest was just posting an opinion in a random thread in the Handbags and purses forum. Not trying to start anything.

LOL. That is hilarious. I didn't even notioce it was posted like 2 years ago. Oops.