Help me understand why there is NO hype about this R. Minkoff bag?

GUNG

Aug 25, 2007
SF Bay Area, CA
I love this bag! It is like the Morning After but with a shoulder strap! Its gorgeous, IMO. I was ecstatic to find it, especially in the Royal Blue, and since then I have searched high and low for more colors in this style.

I find it perturbing that no one seems seems to be hyped up about the MA Hobo?
The MA and the MA mini have gotten women all riled up in a frenzy, but it seems like no one cares about the MA Hobo.

How come?

Attachments

Voodoo

Hockeygasm
O.G.
Jul 11, 2007
Jack Rabbit Slim's
GUNG .... I love this bag...I think it's sharp as hell....the color may be why it's not 'trendy' right now...even tho I love blue bags.

kings_20

Sep 23, 2007
Canada
I actually like this style better than the morning after or the matinees. Not a big fan of Rebecca Minkoff in general but I do like this hobo style :smile:

Mar 17, 2007
I think it's perhaps with the original you can just add the longer strap to it and overall the styling is better I think. I'd rather add the longer strap. I love hobos but the MA hobo doesn't do it for me.

qqyoung

Apr 23, 2007
california
I ordered this bag in royal from Delcina for my birthday but had to return it because it was so much bigger than I had imagined. Because of its size, it felt awkard for me when I carried it on my shoulder. It doesn't slouch well like the nikki because of its long rectangular shape. I was quite dissapointed because I had purchased it as my birthday present. So I returned it and got the RM Nikki instead and really loved it. When I called Delcina regarding the return, the SA said that the RM hobo was acutally the most popular style among their staff. I guess to each her own.;)

Voodoo

Hockeygasm
O.G.
Jul 11, 2007
Jack Rabbit Slim's
Really? Cool! It seems like no one cares at all about it! Im glad you like it. Do you have one?
No I don't....but it's on my 'short list'....I'm planning on two major bag purchases next year and that patent bag is def. one of them. I just hope she's still available then.

pixiechic

So thankful.
O.G.
Apr 20, 2006
Denver
My favorite RM bag gets absolutely no play either. I went to Nordies and tried them all on for size and the only one that I liked was the Elisha.
I'm with you. Love Elisha, but wish she came in more colors! If I could find a stamped one (the leafy pattern, not the basketweave), I'd grab her in a heartbeat.

Feb 26, 2006
WI, USA
I like the look of the MA Hobo better than the regular MA. I think RM's other styles have sort of been overshadowed by the hype around the MA. I don't think that's a bad thing. Wouldn't you rather have something that is totally hyped up where everyone has it?

sarahsar

O.G.
Sep 1, 2007
USA
I love this bag! It is like the Morning After but with a shoulder strap! Its gorgeous, IMO. I was ecstatic to find it, especially in the Royal Blue, and since then I have searched high and low for more colors in this style.

I find it perturbing that no one seems seems to be hyped up about the MA Hobo?
The MA and the MA mini have gotten women all riled up in a frenzy, but it seems like no one cares about the MA Hobo.

How come?
I haven't seen this bag before. Is this just the same as the MA with a strap? I like it from the pictures you've posted.