Help me think of a gift for an 18-year-old boy!

Wildflower

O.G.
Apr 23, 2006
One of my daughter's friends is competing in a major singing competition and she wanted to get him a stuffed teddy bear to give after the performance. Unfortunately, a friend of hers ran with the idea and she is doing it instead.

My daughter asked me for help in thinking up something else and I am so clueless.

Any ideas?? All I can think of is another stuffed animal. She doesn't want to give flowers...

Any help appreciated! TIA!

Maybe do something completely weird but touching. I played ice hockey before and sing at the same time. When I started to sing heavily, I had to give it up. After a performance once, my good friends who I played hockey with, taped a bunch of fake flowers to the end of a hockey stick. And she gave that to me instead. It was HILARIOUS but so touching/sweet at the same time! I'll always remember that. It actually almost made me cry! haha

Do you know what kind of thing this boy likes?

Hard cold cash!!!

What about a gift card to his favorite dining hot spot or a couple of movie tickets??? All the teens here love Buffalo Wild Wings, not sure if they have that in your area.

Thanks for the replies!

sheishollywood - what a creative gift you got! :tup:

I don't know much about the guy... he's into singing. :smile: Wonder if we could rig up something along with a toy microphone... hmm....

Hard cold cash!!!

What about a gift card to his favorite dining hot spot or a couple of movie tickets??? All the teens here love Buffalo Wild Wings, not sure if they have that in your area.

Actually, movie tickets and the cold hard cash seems to be the gift of choice amongst these friends and she's giving that to the same boy on his birthday in a couple of weeks! :yes:

I like the jar idea... very cute!! ^^ I was thinking for part of it also since it's a singing competition and he obviously enjoys music maybe she could make him a CD of his favorite songs from the computer, or a gift card to iTunes or store like BestBuy? Kinda clueless on this one sorry lol

As a 21 year old male I would say go with the money. Gift cards are hit or miss because I have many in my wallet right now that I never used, but cash is excepted everywhere. Maybe a visa gift card??

Since he likes music, how about this?

QuietDoing - Keychain cardholder ) turntablism

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=6409134

quietdoingkeychaincardholderturntab.jpg