Help me please!!! How do you prove it's real?

Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. My MIL gave me 8 pairs of Chanel earrings. I wanted to sell some to put the money towards a new wallet. I listed them in Poshmark, and now I feel like I have to send people my oldest child to prove they're real. My MIL managed a Chanel boutique in the 80s-90s. I've given the serial number. Taken pictures front on back. I'm so frustrated with the comments. I guess I shouldn't take it personally, but I'm annoyed. If you question their authenticity, then don't buy them. Is there anything I don't know about to prove they're real? I'm not a professional seller. When these are gone, they're gone. It's not worth it for me to have them authenticated. (There's no Chanel where I live). Anything I'm missing? Thanks.

2. Chanel wouldn't authenticate them for you anyway. Maybe have etinceler authentications authenticate them and include their statement in your listings? It's just a small fee for an online authentication.

3. Thanks! I'm kinda getting to the point I'll just keep them. :smile: it's not as big of a deal to me as it's turning out to be. I don't blame people, but if you're doubting my listing, then don't ask, IMHO. I won't be offended :smile: my future DIL will love them! Haha

4. There are some sites doing free Chanel -jewelry authentication , you can google it to find one .

5. I don't think you should take it personal or negative that people want proof that you are selling authentic jewelry considering all the fake jewelry out there.

6. I don't, I totally understand that. I'd feel the same way! I decided to move them to eBay where I've sold a couple other Chanel & Rolex, and I have 100% positive feedback. I think it will help people feel more confident. :smile: thanks!