Help me please!!! How do you prove it's real?

CaliZTA

Dec 30, 2013
My MIL gave me 8 pairs of Chanel earrings. I wanted to sell some to put the money towards a new wallet. I listed them in Poshmark, and now I feel like I have to send people my oldest child to prove they're real. My MIL managed a Chanel boutique in the 80s-90s. I've given the serial number. Taken pictures front on back. I'm so frustrated with the comments. I guess I shouldn't take it personally, but I'm annoyed. If you question their authenticity, then don't buy them. Is there anything I don't know about to prove they're real? I'm not a professional seller. When these are gone, they're gone. It's not worth it for me to have them authenticated. (There's no Chanel where I live). Anything I'm missing? Thanks.

Chanel wouldn't authenticate them for you anyway. Maybe have etinceler authentications authenticate them and include their statement in your listings? It's just a small fee for an online authentication.

Chanel wouldn't authenticate them for you anyway. Maybe have etinceler authentications authenticate them and include their statement in your listings? It's just a small fee for an online authentication.

Thanks! I'm kinda getting to the point I'll just keep them. :smile: it's not as big of a deal to me as it's turning out to be. I don't blame people, but if you're doubting my listing, then don't ask, IMHO. I won't be offended :smile: my future DIL will love them! Haha

Thanks! I'm kinda getting to the point I'll just keep them. :smile: it's not as big of a deal to me as it's turning out to be. I don't blame people, but if you're doubting my listing, then don't ask, IMHO. I won't be offended :smile: my future DIL will love them! Haha
There are some sites doing free Chanel -jewelry authentication , you can google it to find one .

I don't think you should take it personal or negative that people want proof that you are selling authentic jewelry considering all the fake jewelry out there.

I don't, I totally understand that. I'd feel the same way! I decided to move them to eBay where I've sold a couple other Chanel & Rolex, and I have 100% positive feedback. I think it will help people feel more confident. :smile: thanks!