Help me decide on my next big purchase

Would the MC Speedy be heavy with all that hardware?

And I've read about the damier red lining staining stuff, what about the reddish lining of the white speedy?

Yeah the MC Speedy is definitely a heavier bag - but it's not like it's an everyday bag or a bag that you'd carry out if you knew you had to carry a ton of things in it or all day long without rest. But people have definitely said that it's heavy on its own. heeehee.. I know that's not holding ME back! :graucho:

I think the damier red lining people are talking about is red cotton (?) interior on the Damier Speedy. The MC Speedy has alcantara lining and I haven't heard about any problems about bleeding of that.

Hmmm, they are all soooo different. I LOVE Hermes but can't get myself to spend the $$$ so I have a scarf and bracelet from them, there is also a fun simple agenda by Hermes that's actually around the $200 mark!

What agenda is that?! :nuts: What is it made of...I guess it can't be leather

Yeah the MC Speedy is definitely a heavier bag - but it's not like it's an everyday bag or a bag that you'd carry out if you knew you had to carry a ton of things in it or all day long without rest. But people have definitely said that it's heavy on its own. heeehee.. I know that's not holding ME back! :graucho:

Oh really? Hmm, I hate heavy bags...I'm leaning more towards the Jasmin now, cuz I want a nice everyday bag.

Get the MC Speedy!!!!! I have the white one and it's GORGEOUS! :heart: :heart: :heart: Extremely eye-catching too, so if you want to go for a more subtle look then get the black one. This is totally different from the mono speedy, there is absolutely no comparison. The MC one has so much beautiful shiny hardware and vivid colours, and the mono one is very classic. No, the red alcantara lining does not bleed at all (I've had mine for almost 1.5 years), don't worry. Good luck with your choice! ;)

Oh yes, it is kinda heavy (1.0 kg empty) and no possibility of carrying on the shoulder, so it can get a bit tiring after lugging it around the whole day with its contents too... But still, it's an amazing bag, totally worth it!

What agenda is that?! :nuts: What is it made of...I guess it can't be leather

that's the ulysee (or ulysses?) agenda, and yes it is leather, the same as on the birkins etc, pebbled, but unlined... it's so cheap cos it's quite unfinished - raw edging, no lining, just a single press stud and hermes stamp on the buckle tab, and the diary rings..
i actually love mine; i love the feel and smell of the unlined leather, the "suede" inner side. i would be made about birkins if they had this exposed raw side too..
it's over $200, but one of the most affordable hermes items.. i think the diary inserts are $40?

I am on a purse ban until March 2007, and I am deciding between:

-White MC Speedy (approx $1940 CDN)

-Cannelle Jasmin (Approx $1200 CDN)

-Violet Hermes Compack Bearn wallet (Approx $1850 CDN)

So far the 2 full sized LV bags I own are the monogram speedy 30 and the fuchsia baggy pm. And I don't own any Hermes yet. Which one would you choose and why? Do you think the Cannelle Jasmin is too plain looking? I like it quite a bit but I don't think it has that wow factor.

Its a toss up between the hermes wallet and Mc speedy. I will assume you're on Canada since you've prices CND and with our winter/rain for month around the time of your ban i'd go for the wallet and save again for an mc speedy. Perhaps purchase one from ebay, there are some great deals there.

that's the ulysee (or ulysses?) agenda, and yes it is leather, the same as on the birkins etc, pebbled, but unlined... it's so cheap cos it's quite unfinished - raw edging, no lining, just a single press stud and hermes stamp on the buckle tab, and the diary rings..
i actually love mine; i love the feel and smell of the unlined leather, the "suede" inner side. i would be made about birkins if they had this exposed raw side too..
it's over $200, but one of the most affordable hermes items.. i think the diary inserts are $40?

Do you happen to have a picture of yours? :nuts: