Help me decide on my first ever bag - Paraty

loubieloo

Jul 23, 2011
Uk
www.rochelleobrienmakeup.com
Hi ladies,

I've popped over from the Louboutin sub forum which is my usual home. I want to purchase my first ever designer bag and after much mooching around, it came down to a Balenciaga city, Marcie, Paraty or Mulberry Alexa. I went to Selfridges today and they had a white paraty and I love the style but not the colour.

So I think I definitely want the paraty and I know I don't want black or brown but other than that I'm struggling. It's hard to tell the colours online. Can you help me decide on a colour please? Would appreciate any links to sites that may have them on sale too.

Thank you so much.

GemsBerry

Nov 10, 2011
Washington DC
Paraty is gorgeous bag. Are you looking for neutrals or pop of color? you can go for navy blue, rock (brown-grey) or licorice (milk chocolate meets rose wood), they are "new neutral" and will match pretty much everything.

katran26

Bargain Hunter!
O.G.
Aug 25, 2008
Pulled these from the Saks app...I think all three might fit with the colors you'd like :smile:

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1406501584.190423.jpg

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1406501595.636303.jpg

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1406501603.301000.jpg

katran26

Bargain Hunter!
O.G.
Aug 25, 2008
^ side note- I've seen the first color IRL and it's definitely a beauty...haven't seen the other two

crazybagfan

Jul 27, 2010
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1406519134.690433.jpg Reebonz is having sales now for paraty. Those are the color available for medium size. I bought the Rock color. If you prefer something light color, do consider licorice. It's not a dark color IMO. If the color too light, you might have color transfer prob especially if you are wearing it with the long strap and if you are wearing dark color jeans.

loubieloo

Jul 23, 2011
Uk
www.rochelleobrienmakeup.com
View attachment 2699937 Reebonz is having sales now for paraty. Those are the color available for medium size. I bought the Rock color. If you prefer something light color, do consider licorice. It's not a dark color IMO. If the color too light, you might have color transfer prob especially if you are wearing it with the long strap and if you are wearing dark color jeans.

I couldn't find the grey bag on the Reebonz site?

katran26

Bargain Hunter!
O.G.
Aug 25, 2008
Right, I think I've narrowed it down to these colours:

I have dark hair. Most of my clothes are grey, black, beige, blue or cream. I rarely wear colour. Help!

I personally like the first and 2nd to last...I think either would go well with the colors of your wardrobe...

Bisoux78

Jul 26, 2012
Strawberry Fields
Hi ladies,

I've popped over from the Louboutin sub forum which is my usual home. I want to purchase my first ever designer bag and after much mooching around, it came down to a Balenciaga city, Marcie, Paraty or Mulberry Alexa. I went to Selfridges today and they had a white paraty and I love the style but not the colour.

So I think I definitely want the paraty and I know I don't want black or brown but other than that I'm struggling. It's hard to tell the colours online. Can you help me decide on a colour please? Would appreciate any links to sites that may have them on sale too.

Thank you so much.
I have to two Paraty bags (small and medium) and six Balenciaga's. I personally prefer Bal because its so lightweight BUT looks wise, Chloe wins. If you wear a lot of dark colors then I would suggest a lighter Chloe like brown, grey or blue.

http://hgbagsonline.com/cart/ has a sale on Paraty's and its a reputable site that a lot on this forum buy from.

Bisoux78

Jul 26, 2012
Strawberry Fields
Right, I think I've narrowed it down to these colours:

I have dark hair. Most of my clothes are grey, black, beige, blue or cream. I rarely wear colour. Help!
I have the navy blue bag from this season and its much darker in real life. Something to consider before you pull the trigger.

crazybagfan

Jul 27, 2010
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1406602199.931199.jpg just FYI Reebonz is offering 10% discount now :smile: I just received my rock paraty last week. It's a very gorgeous bag! Not so heavy and I like its style. So chic! I have a bal city too. It's very light weight. I would think it's worth owning both bags :-p