Help me decide on my first ever bag - Paraty

loubieloo

Jul 23, 2011
Hi ladies,

I've popped over from the Louboutin sub forum which is my usual home. I want to purchase my first ever designer bag and after much mooching around, it came down to a Balenciaga city, Marcie, Paraty or Mulberry Alexa. I went to Selfridges today and they had a white paraty and I love the style but not the colour.

So I think I definitely want the paraty and I know I don't want black or brown but other than that I'm struggling. It's hard to tell the colours online. Can you help me decide on a colour please? Would appreciate any links to sites that may have them on sale too.

Thank you so much.

Paraty is gorgeous bag. Are you looking for neutrals or pop of color? you can go for navy blue, rock (brown-grey) or licorice (milk chocolate meets rose wood), they are "new neutral" and will match pretty much everything.

I think I prefer the lighter colours, so beige, cashmere grey or a pinky colour. So hard to decide without seeing in real life. I only intend to buy one bag to last many years so I want to get it right :smile:

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1406519134.690433.jpg Reebonz is having sales now for paraty. Those are the color available for medium size. I bought the Rock color. If you prefer something light color, do consider licorice. It's not a dark color IMO. If the color too light, you might have color transfer prob especially if you are wearing it with the long strap and if you are wearing dark color jeans.

Right, I think I've narrowed it down to these colours:

409836937.jpg

409836936.jpg

409836935.jpg

409836934.jpg

409836933.jpg

I have dark hair. Most of my clothes are grey, black, beige, blue or cream. I rarely wear colour. Help!

View attachment 2699937 Reebonz is having sales now for paraty. Those are the color available for medium size. I bought the Rock color. If you prefer something light color, do consider licorice. It's not a dark color IMO. If the color too light, you might have color transfer prob especially if you are wearing it with the long strap and if you are wearing dark color jeans.

I couldn't find the grey bag on the Reebonz site?

Hi ladies,

I've popped over from the Louboutin sub forum which is my usual home. I want to purchase my first ever designer bag and after much mooching around, it came down to a Balenciaga city, Marcie, Paraty or Mulberry Alexa. I went to Selfridges today and they had a white paraty and I love the style but not the colour.

So I think I definitely want the paraty and I know I don't want black or brown but other than that I'm struggling. It's hard to tell the colours online. Can you help me decide on a colour please? Would appreciate any links to sites that may have them on sale too.

Thank you so much.

I have to two Paraty bags (small and medium) and six Balenciaga's. I personally prefer Bal because its so lightweight BUT looks wise, Chloe wins. If you wear a lot of dark colors then I would suggest a lighter Chloe like brown, grey or blue.

http://hgbagsonline.com/cart/ has a sale on Paraty's and its a reputable site that a lot on this forum buy from.

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1406602199.931199.jpg just FYI Reebonz is offering 10% discount now :smile: I just received my rock paraty last week. It's a very gorgeous bag! Not so heavy and I like its style. So chic! I have a bal city too. It's very light weight. I would think it's worth owning both bags :-p