Scarves Help me curate my Hermès scarf collection!

This is your thread and it's not really about my choices but it has made me think wear v love (if it's not necessarily the same)

Colour:
Examples would be Tatersale (in the late Duke of Eds driving colours) Zenobie RdP in dark reds or the inky cw of Tyger Tyger. But I can bring a balance with other things I'm wearing (obviously). I'm not a high contrast person, so usually things are tonal.

View attachment 5684169View attachment 5684185View attachment 5684188

I am supposed to light/bright (whatever) but I have to be in good mood for JA in green and bright reds. I'm noticing how here I've paired this with a rich YSL rust silk jacquard blouse which tones the scarf down. I have reddish hair and green eyes so this example is not the high contrast (colour on colour on scarf) it may first appear to be. I won't buy a scarf where there's a bit I need to hide or don't like the design but the colours great.

View attachment 5684186

Perfect balance would be something like Minuit 70 (SS14) I know I look and feel good in this scarf. Probably Chartreuse is one of my best colours and even though it's bright, I never feel I have to live up to it.

View attachment 5684187View attachment 5684207

Themes:
I have a very wide range of scarves regarding themes but then if I look closely at what isn't there it's clearer. I may do cute (Amis Pour la Vie 45s or J'Aime on Carré 70) and smaller formats, but not something LOL funny and not usually on a larger scarves - exceptions are vintage JL Dumas' Les Amazones, and what I'm wearing today, black/turquose/dark red Jean de Paléologue's Cirque de Mollier. I seem to have a lot of feathers, wings and flying things. Horses (of course) but not much classic tack or saddlery by themselves apart from Tattersall/Tatersale. No bags on scarves but that could change this season. Quite a bit of of music and theatre/theatrical themes. If there's no great colour for me, I don't buy just because of a theme.
I love reading this stuff. Interesting to think about tone-on-tone vs high contrast.
I love les amazones and have now struggled with 3 different CWs - all rehomed.

• Thanks
Reactions: papertiger
From today, I think the first one (Faceties de Pegase - tags still on!) and the last (Flowers of South Africa) are on the chopping block. Also yesterday's Battery Park (original issue), although I love New York. Not enough contrast in the colors.
Oh goodness, I was just going to comment those are the two (first and last) I love on you the most of the 4. They are youthful, vibrant, fun. Especially that first one. I think that one looks magnificent on you! The third, with lots of white, I feel washes you out and looks a bit wan.

OH YES to this look! And your earrings look wonderful too! I adore these colors on you.

Oh goodness, I was just going to comment those are the two (first and last) I love on you the most of the 4. They are youthful, vibrant, fun. Especially that first one. I think that one looks magnificent on you! The third, with lots of white, I feel washes you out and looks a bit wan.
Ah!!! Maybe it's the turquoise and the light green in the first and last?
Thank you so much!
Ya, that white Attelages is very vintage - did not pay much for it and used to hike in it. It looks best if I wrap it tightly around my neck.
I think I should do a series on white/ecru/oatmeal, which are so tricky with my hair.

Reactions: Nomad
Ditto! I too think the first one looks amazing on you @momasaurus ! I think the bold pattern and colors are very striking!

This is your thread and it's not really about my choices but it has made me think wear v love (if it's not necessarily the same)

Colour:
Examples would be Tatersale (in the late Duke of Eds driving colours) Zenobie RdP in dark reds or the inky cw of Tyger Tyger. But I can bring a balance with other things I'm wearing (obviously). I'm not a high contrast person, so usually things are tonal.

View attachment 5684169View attachment 5684185View attachment 5684188

I am supposed to light/bright (whatever) but I have to be in good mood for JA in green and bright reds. I'm noticing how here I've paired this with a rich YSL rust silk jacquard blouse which tones the scarf down. I have reddish hair and green eyes so this example is not the high contrast (colour on colour on scarf) it may first appear to be. I won't buy a scarf where there's a bit I need to hide or don't like the design but the colours great.

View attachment 5684186

Perfect balance would be something like Minuit 70 (SS14) I know I look and feel good in this scarf. Probably Chartreuse is one of my best colours and even though it's bright, I never feel I have to live up to it.

View attachment 5684187View attachment 5684207

Themes:
I have a very wide range of scarves regarding themes but then if I look closely at what isn't there it's clearer. I may do cute (Amis Pour la Vie 45s or J'Aime on Carré 70) and smaller formats, but not something LOL funny and not usually on a larger scarves - exceptions are vintage JL Dumas' Les Amazones, and what I'm wearing today, black/turquose/dark red Jean de Paléologue's Cirque de Mollier. I seem to have a lot of feathers, wings and flying things. Horses (of course) but not much classic tack or saddlery by themselves apart from Tattersall/Tatersale. No bags on scarves but that could change this season. Quite a bit of of music and theatre/theatrical themes. If there's no great colour for me, I don't buy just because of a theme.
I love them all... The exact colors that suits me best ! Thanks for these pictures !

Reactions: momasaurus
Ah!!! Maybe it's the turquoise and the light green in the first and last?
Thank you so much!
Ya, that white Attelages is very vintage - did not pay much for it and used to hike in it. It looks best if I wrap it tightly around my neck.
I think I should do a series on white/ecru/oatmeal, which are so tricky with my hair.
I love the last one , it ties so beautifully and really suits you . I’m also not wowed by the white one .