Help me choose Ysl camera vs small Gucci marmont. Pics!!

Which one looks better? Ysl camera or small Gucci marmont??

• Ysl camera black hardware

Votes: 35 83.3%
  • Gucci small marmont black hardware

Votes: 7 16.7%

• Total voters

Syo

O.G.
May 28, 2013
I need help deciding which bag Ysl camera bag vs the Gucci marmont both with the black hardware.

Attachments

• IMG_1269.jpeg
    IMG_1269.jpeg
    176.5 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_1268.jpeg
    IMG_1268.jpeg
    119.1 KB · Views: 109
Camera all the way! I have 4. Black with SHW, Dark Beige with GHW , Cinnamon Suede with GHW and Taupe Suede with GHW. I love this purse. My go to for a smaller purse and I love the newly added back pocket. I take these on vacation too since I dont like carrying larger purses while traveling.

Last edited:
This question really comes up a lot on the forum! Pasting my response from a previous post, asking the same question.

I was originally considering both of these bags (in black, w/SHW) as well, and ultimately went with the YSL - which I absolutely love. I personally prefer the clean, classic chevron on the YSL, to the much busier (and JMHO, a little tacky) pattern of the Gucci. I also agree that the Loulou seems like more of a classic than the Gucci - definitely due in part to the ubiquitousness, and again, the busier pattern (IMO) of the Marmont. I‘ve used my Lou for errands during the day, as well as dinners out in the evening, however, I do feel that the all-leather strap (as opposed to a partial or full chain) is a bit more casual. That being said, the Lou is a wonderful bag - it’s incredibly lightweight (due in part to the lack of chain!), it holds a lot, and after 4 years of regular use, it still looks pretty damn good!

A few months ago, I went to Saks to buy the YSL camera bag and the SA really tried to push me to the Gucci bag. He thought the Gucci bag was more special (the strap and bag itself feel more substantial). I left without buying anything because "oh noes, what do I do".

Just recently, I bought the YSL. I actually agree that the Gucci is a bit more special but I decided on the YSL because it doesn't have any chains and is so light. I also like the chevron pattern better. For an every day errand bag, the YSL is better for me (chains are starting to get on my nerves TBH). But if you want something a little more elevated, I'd lean towards the Gucci.

Reactions: Syo
I know I wondered by putting in the YSL forum it may be biased. Curious if anyone has both or has thought of either when making a decision on the YSL. Either way I love seeing the results!! I still have to decide.

I voted for the YSL, but I don't buy either brand so my choice was unbiased. I don't care for the Gucci zig zag pattern at all.

I know I wondered by putting in the YSL forum it may be biased. Curious if anyone has both or has thought of either when making a decision on the YSL. Either way I love seeing the results!! I still have to decide.
I had both. I would get the YSL, because one thing that annoyed me about the Gucci one was the chain part that attaches to the bag gets twisted up. So a lot of times I couldn’t just grab it and put it on. I had to make sure it wasn’t twisted or kinked funny before. The YSL one didn’t have that issue since the entire strap is leather.