Help! interesting leather texture, is this normal?

ohfoos

Bal Addict
Mar 21, 2009
Hi all, so I recently purchased a PT in Sanguine and I love it and everything, but the leather texture is so different from the other 2 that I have. So I need some help from you all who are more experienced with Bal leather :biggrin:

So about the leather... it's quite thick and pretty wrinkly, but the wrinkliness is like very pronounced that you can feel the ridges and bumps (lol for lack of better words) when you run your hands over it. And only on certain parts on the front side too. My other two bags are slightly distressed and mildly wrinkly in "appearance" but not by touch if that makes sense. So I just don't know if this is a normal variety of leather texture or something else. At first I thought it's because it's dry so I've moisturized it but it looks the same. And it doesn't really seem dry either. Or is it?

Any insights would be really helpful! Thank you~

Attachments

• DSC05487.JPG
    DSC05487.JPG
    141 KB · Views: 225
  • DSC05491.JPG
    DSC05491.JPG
    147.3 KB · Views: 319
  • DSC05492.JPG
    DSC05492.JPG
    146.7 KB · Views: 257
  • DSC05490.JPG
    DSC05490.JPG
    150.6 KB · Views: 198
The leather of 08 Vert Thyme had the leather like your Sanguine! Very thick and distressed! I love it!!! It is normal as balenciaga produces so many diffirent varieties of leather texture. I love your Sanguine`s leather so much!!!

Thank you SkyBlueDay and Tokyo! Such a great relief to hear that this is not abnormal :P. I like distressing as well but just wasn't sure if the bumpy touch is a positive/negative feature. My Anthra work is nicely distressed but still feels smooth that's why this texturedness got me all curious hehe.

One of the most interesting characteristic of bbags is the texture of the leather on each bag..
I believe this personalises the bag and makes it unique ^^

If you have mouisturized the bag and still feels the same, I don't think your bag's leather is dry then..
I used to have a bag with leather so thin, dry and like a crumpled paper..After mouisturizing it, the bag softens a bit (which your bag doesn't do - hence I came up with assumption that your bag is not dry at all)

Your bag looks gorgeous - so chewy, thick and distressed - remind me of 07 bags ^^

Plus: I love love your avatar!!!! Totoro is just so dang cute!! :biggrin:

its nice.
I was choosing between this kind or smooth but in black color so as a matter of preference since it's going to be with GGH, then i chose the smooth one.

This leather reminds me of my Galet Day's - thick & wrinkly goodness!:love: At first I thought it was dry, but after moisturizing, it was still textured and wrinkly. It is by far my favorite Bbag.:heart:

Enjoy...your PT is GORGEOUS!!

Thank you all so much!!! :hugs:
Can't wait to break in the bag now.

And to aki_sato: yay for Totoro love! I grew up watching that movie hehe so many great memories :biggrin: lol my avatar is so random because I don't know what pic to use.

^ I had a Sanguine City that was the same way, except for it was really puffy and distressed all over. Loved it! Love it to pieces. Sanguine has exceptional leather. :smile: