Help - I'm SO indecisive

SuLi, congrats on your beautiful black First! I'm sorry to hear you had to go thru all that tho! How horrible. But I'm glad that you were able to resolve it before your trip. The one you exchanged for looks fabulous. I don't like it when a bag is too smooth. Must have some degree of distressing, IMO, to look just gorgeous. Congrats again, sweetie!!!

SuLi said:
Hi ladies!

Sorry I haven't posted, but here's what happened (I was out of town this past weekend)....

I finally made it out to Neiman's Thursday evening, and looked at all the bags that were held for me - black First, grey Twiggy and City. I really hated the grey color - it was a whitish/slate grey, and not the grey that I thought it would be - the bluish grey. There were a lot of other Balenciaga bags, so I took a look at every one.

I made the decision to go with the First, since I have SO many larger bags and wanted something smaller and more compact to run errands, etc. I took a look at all the Firsts at NM (sorry that I don't know the "official" names - black, dark green, dark blue (blueberry perhaps?), caramel, and a dark brown. I ended up being "safe" and decided on the black. They had three black Firsts there, and I spied one that had awesome leather - no veins whatsoever, and looked a lot like the older, smooshy leather. I was SO excited about it.

The next day, this past Friday, I took the bag out to use since I was leaving work early and did not need to carry much. To my horror, I realized that the SA switched bags on me :crybaby: !!!! I was really, really upset! She ended up packing the bag that was the most veiny and cracked, and she wasn't the original SA who helped me over the phone. She kept pressuring me wait to buy the bag - kind of like she wanted to steal the commission (sorry if it sounds paranoid).

I called NM first thing to see if the SA who originally helped me was in that day. Thankfully, she was, and I explain the situation to her. Unfortunately, the bag that I wanted sold! She felt really bad, and told me that she was going to take a look at the backstock for one that wasn't too veiny.

I ended up going back to NM later that day (I left work early since I was traveling out of town later that evening) to take a look since I didn't want to leave the situation unresolved because I was going out of town for 4 days. I ended up getting the black First pictured below. Although not my first choice, it's just okay in terms of the leather. I really did not want to wait for another bag to come around since in comparison to the others that were still there, the one I exchanged for was the best. The one that I had returned was so cracked/veiny that certain parts were whitish.

What do you guys think? Am I being too picky?

I've been struggling with the same thing...so I FEEL YOUR PAIN! However, I think your bag looks really pretty!! It doesn't look as veiny as mine, and everyone here has assured me that the veiny-ness will be become less apparent with wear. Let us know what you decide.:yes:

Thanks everyone!!

I know that they should be somewhat distressed, but I'm kind of on the side of wanting one that is less distressed.

I am falling more and more in love with the bag though...I can totally see how one B-bag is NOT enough ;) .